Hrmm....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
I was searching around on ebay for 99-00 Si trunk lids w/o spoilers...and somehow this popped up.... I never thought of this, and I don't know what to think of it... but

would that be rice? :blink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

I mean it shows without the inside of the taillights, I want to keep my taillights...

its rice if you've got 500lbs of subs in your trunk, but if you're doing it for weight reduction, its a good idea. If I had a cf trunk, I'd get it painted to match though.

I have about 30 lbs of sub/amp in my trunk... but is it really practical? I don't think it has a latch on it.

I wouldn't paint it, that would negate the purpose of it as well... I'm planning on a CF hood and I'm leaving it non painted.

The only reason I would do that is for the weight loss. If you've got a lot of vibration going on back there with the subs, its probably not the best of ideas. It probably won't seal right either. I was thinking about getting the one they make for my hatch, but I don't know how that would hold up under autox conditions.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, I dunno it just doesn't seem like it'd be a good idea especially during rainy season.

Thanks, btw. I was considering it, but the seal and autoX ideas got me thinking no.

i wouldnt say so.. i was looking into one for my car, but decided against it.. they are way to pricey, and wont really do all that much for you..

if its weight reduct. get a fiberglass one and paint it, so you dont look like one of the 50,000 other ricers out there. if you have to question if its rice or not, ITS RICE

Originally posted by ratherbewalking@Jul 28 2004, 07:52 AM
if its weight reduct. get a fiberglass one and paint it, so you dont look like one of the 50,000 other ricers out there. if you have to question if its rice or not, ITS RICE
[post=369199]Quoted post[/post]​

on that peice, probally not. With trunk struts alone, the resistance would crack and break that peice real quick.

If I had the money, I wouldn't mind getting one for my sol. I believe that Fiber Images or Vis makes one for my car, however, the major problem is the price. It's $600 or so. Not worth it IMO.

However, one that is built well (Vis is known for quality) it probally wouldn't leak.

cf trunk is not rice at all...thats stylish...looks good and saves weight...just by stripping my car, i lost 18 lbs for both door panels, 70lbs for the stock seats, 13lbs for the cargo cover + misc lbs for rear panels, lock box, carpet and floor mats...so total i lost well over 100+lbs...i swapped my stock crx si seats for some cf buckets seats that weigh just 12lbs each...next is cf hatch and cf hood

in a way the cf stuff does make your car faster b/c of weight/power ratio...less weight you have, less power needed to go fast...less weight you have, more power youll feel

Is it Rice? Its your car, you put money into it, its your freedom, your toy. If all of us had the same opinion on things, this world would suck monkey balls, BIG TIME. Dude do whatever you want to do with your car, and fuck what other people think. It could be rice or it could pork fry rice or spanish rice. :blink:

Back