Hrrrrmmm.....and it's HOT!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Next on the list......

For the living room......where I sleep, eat, and chill....currently...it's to chilly in there to even chill properly.....

Opinions?...go for it..or keep looking around?

The house is furnished with a radiator furnace, that used to be oil heat, but last year I swapped it over to a new gas heater, plumbed it in...but the instant heat just wasn't there......and I went to the neighbors house...he had something simular...and it was rocking heat to more than half og his 2 storie house...at half the cost I pay for the new furnaces gas price...the wife is cold...if she wants more heat...then she will have to pay for it...all I got to do is install it.....

First order of business: Fix your enter key, it seems to be sticking...

Nice heater. I'd rock it. I have a gas floor furnace that puts out more heat than a nuclear reactor. It heats the whole house by itself, and we can choose the temperature.. I swear it could be freezing outside and it would heat the house to 140 degrees if we'd let it.

But its from like 1950.. and its kinda scary looking and burns the holy shit out of your feet if you step on the 3'x2' grate that covers it. It'll probably burn my house down one day, but until then, its a rockin' heater.

Home Depot sells similar units for much cheaper... They CRANK out heat.. And hell.. You can even run them on propane if you want to!

My ex had one... Put out pretty good heat... Check out Homedepot.com... You can see lots on there for like $300-$500...

They also make smaller ones that run off of gel cans... but those are more for the look...

Real fireplace > *

But our house came with it. Personally, I like the real fire and wood and all that shit. But if your house doesn't have a chimmney or anything, you can't do it. But yeah, I've seen them at Home Depot for cheaper than what you found. ^

Yeah but for heating purposes, fireplaces are teh suck. They use convection to draw air from the living space (your house) to fuel the fire, which promptly shoots 90% of the heat energy up your chimney and outside. Even if you have all the windows and doors sealed, it will draw air through the cracks in your house. A traditional fireplace will only hurt your heating purposes.

Sure, but it's much more enjoyable. That's all I'm saying. I just LIKE it better.

Oh, I'm all for them too. Great atmosphere. But if heating your house is what you want, a fireplace won't cut it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Sure, but it's much more enjoyable. That's all I'm saying. I just LIKE it better.

Same here, way more enjoyable. They do have heating systems that draw heat from the sides of the chimnea and blow it into the room via fans.. You can heat a house with a fireplace, you just have to set it up properly.

pellet stoves is where its at for bang for the buck heating, but they can be messy.... natural gas went up just like gas did witht he oil influxtion

Yep, pellet stoves or wood stoves are the most economical forms of heat to install right now.

I'm 100% against vent free stoves for one reason. Anyone who has taken high school chemistry knows that when you burn Natural Gas or Propane, you need oxygen to make the good times happen. But what some people fail to realize is that one of the byproducts of this type of combustion is water, and a good amount of it. People have told me about mildew growing behind couches and other places they didn't see, because I guess it condesated there after being expelled from the fireplace.

The long and short of it is: If you want a gas fireplace, buy a direct vent model- Only requires a hole in the wall and a vent that looks like an overgrown dryer exhaust, not a full chimney like a B-vent gas fireplace or a wood fireplace.

Go to homedepot, buy an englander pellet stove and a ton of pellets plus the install kit, and all you need to cut is a 3" hole in the wall and stick the pipe out it. Simple as shit, and even as expensive as pellets have become they still beat the living shit out of anything that runs on natural gas or propane.

I've never even heard of a pellet stove. You new englanders are weird. :huh:

As much s I would like to get a pellet stove...I'll pass....all I need to do for my back is to keep lugging around 100 lbs bags from the basement to the living room....

And the price at Lowes and home depot are way for less heat....they sell them in two parts...fist the stove for $600 and then the mantle for $500...and a fan for $100...in all...it'll be near or over a grand for heat....that E-bay one is the style and color that the wife likes...and we didn't see anything at Lowes today that even came close to looking that sweet.

Back