html people

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecsir1

when using the mailto: function how can you keep it from adding start to the end of your address when it brings up there(user) email client? thanks

start at the end? i dont understand what you mean

ok when i use the mailto func on my site it will direct you to your email client that you have selected. in the address window it looks like this johndoe@blah.com/start i dont recieve the email unless i manually remove /start when i try sending it to myself

so basically what you are saying is that you need the HTML code for the mailto: function??

if thats the case, here ya go (this is just an example):

mail

basically you didnt read the post, read a line up where i say yeah thats what i have
i was asking why im having the problem and how to fix it, i can write my own code.

1) it shouldn't add start on it. Got a webiste i can go see?

2) TPP replied at the same time as you, thus not seeing what you had to see.

3) i have developed 6 e-commerce web sites, i know how it works, you must be putting something else in. why dont you make everyones life easier and actually show us what you have?

:werd:

Paste your fucking source code and we'll see who the idiot is.

who said anything about idiot are you trying to start some shit, i asked on here because i figured there were people that knew not get harrassed.

kyle did you try to actually send me mail? because thats where the problem is

here is what i get when i send to it, this comes back to me
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

corey@croun.com/start

ill settle this once and for all....

MY WAY.

tell me what u want to do, ill go open up dreamweaver, do it, then c&p the code.

:) thats how i use html on Ebay

thats how i did it tony, dreamweaver. it works fine until you actually try to send the mail and then its returned, i have seen this on a lot of sites. if the user is smart enough then they know just to delete the/start, but i dont want them to deal with that

Back