1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC: Anyone else pre-order the Ceton quad tuner?

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by GSRCRXsi, May 12, 2010.

1. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

I did :)

info on it here: Ceton InfiniTV 4 CableCARD tuner review -- Engadget HD

i was initially looking to pick up the ATI TV wonder digital cable tuner, since it has/had CableCARD support. so i went looking and couldnt find ANY of the internal tuners for sale anywhere. i found a few externals for nearly 300 bones, but im not interested in an external setup. i then came to find out that on April 1st ATI discontinued all support for this product, both internal and external versions. it was only a single tuner anyway.

then here comes Ceton. they release a quad tuner with CableCARD support all on a single card, and only requiring a single CableCARD. this may be a little more than i need right now, but it leaves me plenty of room for expansion. plus its the only CableCARD tuner currently available.

you can pre-order through cannonpc or Zones, though id recommend cannon, as zones charges crazy shipping fees and tax in nearly every state. my pre-order was about 410 shipped from cannon. and your CC wont be charged until it ships, which should be may 31st.

anyone else excited about this?

2. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

Guess not lol

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted