Huffy files chapter 11

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Fuck GT, ELF needs to come back! or better yet, cycle craft. My last bike was a Reynolds Rap 42. Wish I could find the guy I sold it to :( .

Originally posted by shortbusrebel07@Oct 20 2004, 06:37 PM
damn first mongoose, now huffy.
[post=405306]Quoted post[/post]​

Mongoose bikes have gone to shit since the mid 90's. I have a late 80's Mongoose M1 at home and I love that bike. I might rebuild the thing this summer. I have put that thing through more hell.

About the huffy article, 30% of the bike market is HUGE. I didn't even know that they make golf equiptment, unless they sell it under another name. Huffys have been shit for as long as I can remember. Always the most basic cheap bikes. I remember around 8 or so years ago when they tried to get into the BMX world, but they never sold well.

Well when you have a reputation of your frames snapping on landings...

Originally posted by xyswany@Oct 21 2004, 12:59 AM
Fuck GT, ELF needs to come back! or better yet, cycle craft. My last bike was a Reynolds Rap 42. Wish I could find the guy I sold it to :( .
[post=405353]Quoted post[/post]​

Hell yea I had an Elf pretty damn light. I love that damn bike til it was stolen!

I have 2 GT's, a Redline, and I just sold my fatboy.

GT's are my favorite bike. I've never broke one of their frames.

I had a GT Performer back in the early '90s. It was OK. That stupid ass rotor gave me more shit than Taco Bell.

This is EXACTLY what it looked like:
gtis2.jpg

*sigh* I wonder what it's doing right now...

I have had a...
Mongoose M1
1992 DYNO VFR (basicly a cheap version of the GT mach one. Had GT parts here and there)
A mongoose Freestyle bike. Forgot what it was called, but it kinda sucked
And now I have a Free Agent.

Originally posted by JDMPlaya+Oct 20 2004, 09:22 PM-->
@Oct 21 2004, 12:59 AM
[post=405353]Quoted post[/post]​

Hell yea I had an Elf pretty damn light. I love that damn bike til it was stolen!
[post=405394]Quoted post[/post]​

Funny when we were kids, it was stolen bikes, now it's stolen cars...

i had about 1200 dollars rapped in to mine...

My previous bikes
Hawk (fat ass aluminum box consruction)
Reynolds Rap 42 (wish i could get it back)
ELF Aluminum single rear triangle (One of the first or if not THE first, single-rear triangle frames) They then went to a double cross style, then the traction rear end.
All of these bikes were with redline proline 3 piece cranks, crupi titanium bottom bracket, S&M slam bars, S&M redneck, crupi hubs, sun rims etc.

Originally posted by xyswany@Oct 21 2004, 03:52 PM
My previous bikes
Hawk (fat ass aluminum box consruction)
Reynolds Rap 42 (wish i could get it back)
ELF Aluminum single rear triangle (One of the first or if not THE first, single-rear triangle frames) They then went to a double cross style, then the traction rear end.
All of these bikes were with redline proline 3 piece cranks, crupi titanium bottom bracket, S&M slam bars, S&M redneck, crupi hubs, sun rims etc.
[post=405841]Quoted post[/post]​

Good shit. I run, s&m Slam's, redneck, and sun rims on my dirt jumper. But I run a profile ss crank in all my bikes.

I rode a hawk once, cracked it.

Back