huge ebay score for me!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
I've been trying to score a complete set of sivler eagles (86-05) in certified MS69 grade (MS70 is perfect) for some time now. They've been so expensive, and just keep on rising. I remember complaining that they were 850 bucks not even a year ago.

I finally got it. and i got a sick deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

now, take into consideration what they are going for...

http://www.shopathometv.com/shopathome/net...3&catOID=-20288
and that's the on sale price. they were showign it on tv for 1149 for the past month or so (yes, i watch the coin show late night sometimes. lol)

1 grade higher in MS70... insane:
http://www.shopathometv.com/shopathome/net...3&catOID=-20288

I would encourage all of you to pick up a complete set in NCG or PCGS certified MS69. if you can score the complete set for under 1000 bucks, you have a solid investment on your hands.

in the past 3 years, it has risen almost 300% in value. the '96 coin alone is going for over $150 bucks by itself.

not to mention, it costs $30 per coin to have it graded. 30 bucks, 20 coins = 600 bucks. so basically, i paid 50 bucks for the whole lot. lol

if you've got the spare cash to make a small investment, i would highly suggest doing this now. they just keep going up and up and up, and so does the price of silver for meltdown value. its risen nearly $3 an oz in the past few years.

back in the 80s, there was a silver shortage, and it was as high as $50 an ounce!

sounds like a good investment...are you planning on selling yours in 10 years or so, or are you going to hold on to them for a while?

getting started... shit. i don't even remember. i was 5 or 6 when i started collecting.

my plan is to buy coins when i have extra cash.

I don't have a 401k plan. i have precious metals of silver and gold coin and bullion that keep on going up and up and up. in the past 80 years or when there are available records to look at, there has been only 2 years where either valuve depreciated... and since then its come back up, and then some.

When i was like 15, i remember silver being like 3.50 an ounce. today, it is 7.03
thats 200% increase in value in 10 years. you can't even come close to that with normal investments that pay 1-5%

Rumour has it that they are due to end production in a couple years... i bet the price of the full set will tripple that day the accouncement is given.

also, 2008, the lincoln cent is going to be redesigned. nows the time to finsih that complete set.

you're already too late for the nickles and quaters. prices on back dates are insane now that the statehood quarter program is in effect, and the nickle westward journey nickle sets. BTW, the new nickle is hot!!! i love the design. the keelboat and the handshake of 2004 will never be made again. the mint has stopped sellign them. if you don't have a roll now, you're too late. think for the future, not back in the past.

think about it.

"shit, if only grandpa saved all those silver coins he used to spend liek nothing...."

youd be retired at 20, let me tell you. 1 key date in there, and you're filthy rich.

shizz.. good luck to ya man...I always wanted to collect coins and shit but not too sure about it....
dont know how to start,....PLus Im broke,,....lol :D

if you want to start, you need a redbook.

http://www.whitmanbooks.com/default.aspx?p...ctid=0794817890

its the helms of coin collecting :)

http://www.coinsinternational.com/HowToStart.htm
http://www.centercoin.com/coin_information..._collection.htm

i dunno, i started collected G - VG un-professionally graded coins with money from my paper route and stuff, or just random stuff you'd find in change. 10 years ago, it was not uncommon to run into a wheat-back lincoln cent in pocket change.
as you get older, and more into the hobby, you go up. you start getting AU50, proof sets, uncirculated coins, and then you start getting into morgan dollars- the #1 collected coin and one of the most valuable. some MS67 examples are worth $600,000 there has never been an MS70 graded morgan. imagine if your great grea great great great grampa saved just 1 measly coin the day he got it from the bank in a nice container?

:werd:

i used to get rolls and rolls of coins from the bank and would go thru them looking for rarities...

i lived in the woods and was bored, but i found lots of cool coins...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 7 2005, 12:25 PM
getting started... shit. i don't even remember. i was 5 or 6 when i started collecting.

my plan is to buy coins when i have extra cash.

I don't have a 401k plan. i have precious metals of silver and gold coin and bullion that keep on going up and up and up. in the past 80 years or when there are available records to look at, there has been only 2 years where either valuve depreciated... and since then its come back up, and then some.

When i was like 15, i remember silver being like 3.50 an ounce. today, it is 7.03
thats 200% increase in value in 10 years. you can't even come close to that with normal investments that pay 1-5%

Rumour has it that they are due to end production in a couple years... i bet the price of the full set will tripple that day the accouncement is given.

also, 2008, the lincoln cent is going to be redesigned. nows the time to finsih that complete set.

you're already too late for the nickles and quaters. prices on back dates are insane now that the statehood quarter program is in effect, and the nickle westward journey nickle sets. BTW, the new nickle is hot!!! i love the design. the keelboat and the handshake of 2004 will never be made again. the mint has stopped sellign them. if you don't have a roll now, you're too late. think for the future, not back in the past.

think about it.

"shit, if only grandpa saved all those silver coins he used to spend liek nothing...."

youd be retired at 20, let me tell you. 1 key date in there, and you're filthy rich.
[post=484312]Quoted post[/post]​

Kind of a gamble as well like real estate.

Not quite as big as yield percent as precious metals, but the bulk value is very high as well.

hey B
if your interested I have some silver quarters I've been sitting on for some time. let me know. I'll have more information about them tomorrow, I bring them into work, and give the years off of them.

Back