Huge problem in my opinion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NotSolFast

Okay, so I just finished my jdm b16 sir ii swap into my 94 del sol. The first try, it fired right up and ran and revved. I turn it off and go back the next day and it cranks and no start. The fuel pump wasn't coming on. So I replaced the main relay and the fuel pump primes now but still no start. Here's what I did:
-replaced main relay
-checked ecu ground (good)
-checked if the rail us getting fuel (it was)

When I turn the key on engine off, the cel comes on and stays on. Doesn't shut off. I hear the ful pump prime. Still doesn't start though. Any ideas? Could the ecu itself be dead? I just got the swap. I don't think it could be the ecu.

go over the 3 things you need to get the motor to start

1.. Fuel ---it looks like you KNOW there is fuel

2..Spark--****Make sure you are getting spark from all plugs******

3..Compression--Im sure you got this.

Looks like #2 might b your issue. Check all wire connection. sometimes we dont clip them in all the way. make sure you have the spark plugs wires in the right spot. Also ater you started the motor did you do anything. as in unplug anything or change a part..

hope this helps

Yeah there's fuel. And after it started up all I did was add more transmission oil. So you don't think its the ecu? Or will the fuel pump not turn on?

Actually, after it started, I tightened down the tps but it was always plugged in. I guess what im asking is if the ecu was bad, would the fuel pump still prime key on engine off?

Actually, after it started, I tightened down the tps but it was always plugged in. I guess what im asking is if the ecu was bad, would the fuel pump still prime key on engine off?

Yes. My advice is similar to dagnasty's. Either wait till dark or put the car in the garage. Pull all the spark plugs (with wires attached), ground them out and crank over the engine and make sure you're getting spark.

Might be a bad igniter in the distibutor or a bad coil. You'll definitely want to rule out the easy to access $50-100 parts before you go looking for a new ECU.

You guys were right. No spark. Just took off the cap and the nut was stripped to get the rotor off! Should I just get the whole distributor if im not getting any power from the wires?

you dont have to, but replacing each component would take a while. might as well be done with the thing and get a new one.

Back