HUGE turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy

This guy on the corvette forum is doing a custom single turbo on his 383Lt1 Stroker motor

"My thumper turbo arrived today. Man that is one big ass giant turbo. It is weight 67bls according the UPS shipping label.

Bruce"

Thumper%20turbo.jpg

Thumper%20turbo1.jpg

Thumperturbo2.jpg

"Hot is 1.89 and cold side is .81. We might have to swap out the 1.89 to a 1.5 A/R that way it should make full boost by around 3000rpm on a 383LT1 motor.

ps. Correction. The hot side is 1.39 not 1.89. I read it wrong.

Bruce"

"the turbo will be mounting in the back storage compartment. It will has it self contain oiling system and a oil cooler. I will use a custom water to air intercooler. The IC will be sitting at the same location as where my supercharger normally sit. We might use a 3" Y aluminum tubing from the compressor (cold side) that way we will have 3" aluminum tubing on the driver side and passanger side coming out to meet the water to air intercooler. From the IC out to the throttle body.

Mouting the turbo in the compartment is not that far, as some of you guy may think. Rick (Baldturbofreak) measure his front mount turbo and compare to the compartment. It is only about 12" further. Which is not that bad. He says his previsous 355LT1 make full boost around 3000rpm. So on my 383LT1 should make full around 3000-3500rpm. Since the stroker motor is already making good torque down low. The turbo will be blanket and heat shield. So there won't any fire and thing getting burn in there."

That is one huge mofo of a turbo....he plans on making 1000+hp

just thought it was interesting...

3/17/2005 update

He is finished with the install on this project....its a rear mounted turbo in a c4 corvette.....here is a vid link

Rear mounted HUGE turbo

Click on Misc Vids link

full boost by 3000 rpms?!?!?!? LMAO! maybe if he wants to run 5 pounds on it.

v8 or not, theres no way thing thing is spooling 35 psi by 3k.

holy put that back on the volvo excavator turbo man

thats insane

and turbo in the rear storage compartment...??? what?

ooh my damn
insanity

where did you get the 35 psi from? isn't that pretty high for a v8?

Originally posted by xyswany@Oct 26 2004, 08:57 PM
[post=407810]Quoted post[/post]​

FULL Boost = turbo capacity, unless he says otherwise. he doesn't.

that turbo will easily blow 35 pounds-- probably more.

Originally posted by xyswany@Oct 26 2004, 07:57 PM

No he has a Built low compression 383 stroker i think its 9:1....this guy alreeady had a Procharcher running 16psi and was mkaing a near 600rwhp...but he wanted to start a turbo project

Good lord! that's a huge freakin turbo! :eek3: :shocked:

Originally posted by corvetteguy+Oct 27 2004, 12:27 PM-->
@Oct 26 2004, 07:57 PM

No he has a Built low compression 383 stroker i think its 9:1....this guy alreeady had a Procharcher running 16psi and was mkaing a near 600rwhp...but he wanted to start a turbo project
[post=408031]Quoted post[/post]​

so, he still isnt going to produce enough air to spool that thing by 3k

Originally posted by Seany-izzle+Mar 17 2005, 03:13 PM-->
Originally posted by corvetteguy@Oct 27 2004, 12:27 PM
xyswany
@Oct 26 2004, 07:57 PM

[post=408031]Quoted post[/post]​

so, he still isnt going to produce enough air to spool that thing by 3k
[post=474906]Quoted post[/post]​

Did you see the video on the first post?

Back