hunny, they're trainin me fo' war

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
u know after reading and posting about this post...i was thinking, maybe i should join, like the guard, and pick my job, before they draft me and send me out to infantry. the ONE reason i dont want to join the military is basic. I am extremely out of shape, and kind kind of homo-phobic. I know the training isnt as hard as it was 10 years ago, but i think i still would pass out from doing all the running, and the thought of taking a shower with 50 other guys doesnt sound too pleasing either. but idk, maybe i'll join and see...

get em frankiep all people do is complain if bush did nothin after 9/11 against the terrorist people would complain people even are complaining when he is taking action against a country harboring terrorist. come on people we had to take action against terrorism!

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jun 6 2004, 11:44 PM-->
@Jun 7 2004, 06:19 AM
There is no way I'll join the military EVER. If I have to, I'll renouce my citizenship and leave this country. If we were fighting for something I could believe in, I'd stay, but I don't believe in Bush or his fucking holy war in the middle east which = no gun for me.

Dude, just stop now, before you sound more ignorant.

And yea, no one is stopping you from leaving now.

The only thing keeping me in this country is a good education. If there were schools even 1 100th as good other place in the world, I'd go there, but their arn't, so until I graduate from college, I'm an American.

Originally posted by mattcalica@Jun 7 2004, 02:08 AM
I am extremely out of shape, and kind kind of homo-phobic. ... and the thought of taking a shower with 50 other guys doesnt sound too pleasing either.

You weren't one of those guys in high school who showered with his underwear on were you... :D ;)

Originally posted by ktanaka+Jun 7 2004, 08:37 AM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 6 2004, 11:44 PM
ktanaka
@Jun 7 2004, 06:19 AM
There is no way I'll join the military EVER.  If I have to, I'll renouce my citizenship and leave this country.  If we were fighting for something I could believe in, I'd stay, but I don't believe in Bush or his fucking holy war in the middle east which = no gun for me.

Dude, just stop now, before you sound more ignorant.

And yea, no one is stopping you from leaving now.

The only thing keeping me in this country is a good education. If there were schools even 1 100th as good other place in the world, I'd go there, but their arn't, so until I graduate from college, I'm an American.

that's fucking amazing, you want to be here because it's the best oppertunity for your situation, but you feel no obligation to that which serves to empower you. You make me sick, you have no balls, you have no spine. You're not an objector, you're a coward. The fact that you drink from the same trouph of oppertunity and wealth that all american's do without complaint illistrates this.

At least Al-Queda doesn't like us AND has the balls to do something about it...

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Jun 7 2004, 12:11 PM
that's fucking amazing, you want to be here because it's the best oppertunity for your situation, but you feel no obligation to that which serves to empower you.  You make me sick, you have no balls, you have no spine.  You're not an objector, you're a coward.  The fact that you drink from the same trouph of oppertunity and wealth that all american's do without complaint illistrates this.

:roll: Just for the sake of debate..don't confuse my opinion with hostility :p

At least he can spell. Giving your life for something should be a choice, it should be optional. You should not be forced into it under any circumstances. And anyway, it's not like he's living a different country, came to the US and is "using" America just for the educational system. He lives here, and therefore he's entitled to the benefits. He works everyday, he pays his taxes. I don't understand people like you, who "defend the homeland" and such with statements similar to those you wrote here, and then go off and defend Al-Qaeda with your last sentence. That's hypocritical, biggoted, and ignorant.

That's just my .02.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jun 7 2004, 01:09 PM
An intelligent person will try every means necessary to avoid a fight. Too bad our President is an idiot.

But we're dealing with terrorists here. Yes, I know that invading their country does not make them happy, but what did you expect us to do? Talk to them and then they will nicely hand over the plans to destroy our country? Hell no. Intimidation and force is what the US is known for, and if we threaten them and intimidate them enough, then we will get what we want. Only then, should we call forces back. IF we called forces back beforehand, they will get the idea that we are giving up or something. We defenitly do not need to give them a hint of that, because that will just give them more reason to not cooperate.

Originally posted by complicity+Jun 7 2004, 11:23 AM-->
Silverchild79
@Jun 7 2004, 12:11 PM

that's fucking amazing, you want to be here because it's the best oppertunity for your situation, but you feel no obligation to that which serves to empower you.  You make me sick, you have no balls, you have no spine.  You're not an objector, you're a coward.  The fact that you drink from the same trouph of oppertunity and wealth that all american's do without complaint illistrates this.

:roll: Just for the sake of debate..don't confuse my opinion with hostility :p

At least he can spell. Giving your life for something should be a choice, it should be optional. You should not be forced into it under any circumstances. And anyway, it's not like he's living a different country, came to the US and is "using" America just for the educational system. He lives here, and therefore he's entitled to the benefits. He works everyday, he pays his taxes. I don't understand people like you, who "defend the homeland" and such with statements similar to those you wrote here, and then go off and defend Al-Qaeda with your last sentence. That's hypocritical, biggoted, and ignorant.

That's just my .02.

Okay I'll attempt to awnser this item by item, & no hostility taken B)

I can't spell, just can't. And when I'm trowing up a post while stuffing my self with food so I can get back to defending your freedom( :p ) I don't have time to run spellcheck.

I never asked him to die for his country, I only asked him to consider being a part of the solution if he wished to speak of our problems.

There is no such thing as birthright in America, so I don't care if he was born here, in China, or on the moon. It could also be argued that since he was born here that he has a responsibility to his country could it not?

I did NOT defend Al-Queda, however I respect their tenasity, dedication, and willness to sacrifice (within reason). I in no way agree with their vison, suicide bombings, or there use of civilians as targets. I really figured that as a military member you would put that together yourself.

And about your opinions of me.

I am not a hypocrite, do not attempt to twist my words. If I were to critizie him for not serving his nation as a uninvolved civilian then I could be a hypocrite. Yet I do infact serve so I am not.

Bigot or as you used it Bigoted (with one G Ms. Spellcheck): is defined as...

"One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ."

Well guilty as charged. I am a Bigot, and the group to which I am partial is Americans. Specifically those who understand that every American has a responsibility to our great nation. It is on ALL of us to ensure that the next generation of Americans will have the same chances and opportunities we enjoy, and that isn't covered by paying taxes alone. I truly pity those who always give the minimum of who they are for others while keeping the king's share for yourself.

And lastly, and perhaps the best laugh of them all, ignorant. I have stood gaurd in a forgien country, armed with 210 rounds and an M16A2. I have worked 16 hour days protecting the freedom of the country I love, I've sent planes away repaired only to have them return during my weekend in need of yet more repairs. I have personally witnessed a terrorist attack, I have buried friends. The fact of the matter is your life keeps you so in the dark on what actually goes on in the world that you think I'm the one who's lost. The gobal news cast (not to mention my military involvement which from time to time happens to yield good info) is to me what the Dow Jones index is to a stock broker. It's my buisness to know what's going on around me, and if you are calling me ingorant then you certianly need to open your eyes just a little wider.

Not one of you will understand it till you are in a postion over there. Our presence was needed there badly. That country was all fucked up. I was there from 1/03-6/03. When we took over that country those people loved us. We freed them from something they could not fight back against. I have hundreds of pictures from there with people cheering, shaking hands and a whole bunch of things like that. Now for Clinton he has no balls when it comes to the military. He would rather run and hide than fight. Bush might not be the best president ever but he has balls, and thats enough to run this country.

Originally posted by DarkHand@Jun 5 2004, 10:25 PM
It's my belief that this is a fight for oil. That's why I believe we're there, and I couldn't fight for that.

Yeah, pretty much. But if you honestly think that the very existance of this country doesn't depend on that oil, than you're fooling yourself.

You're posting on Hondaswap.com, so I would assume you have a car and that you like to drive and/or race it?

And how are you gonna do that without that oil?

Do you know that plastic is made from petroluem? Yeah, that's right, everything made of plastic that you own, or use throught the day is made from that oil.

The oil stops flowing, this country dies. Period. No way around it.

I'm sick of uninformed people saying "oh well those greedy fucks are only concerned with oil, and that's why they are fucking around in the middle east."

I'm sick of uninformed people who think that this country is fully capable of supporting itself using resources other than petroleum; IT'S NOT, AND IT WON'T BE ANY TIME SOON!!!!!

I just hate it because people look at Bush and say "he's not doing anything to reduce our dependence on foreign oil..."

You think Kerry will?

HE WON'T!

As long as this country needs petroleum (and it will be needing it for quite some time), then we are going to fuck around in the middle east, regardless of whether the republicans or the democrats or whoever is in control at any given moment!

The democrats, being the idiots that they are, tell us that we need to reduce or dependence on foreign oil, yet they will not allow tapping the resources of the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve (they just found out recently that there's even more oil there than they thought) because they don't want it to effect the supposed "wildlife" there, even though there is none, the area that they want to drill in is a barren waste land.

Democrats think we should reduce our dependence on petroleum completely, and that's why they won't allow this drilling. It's a nice idea, but it's not practical, and it's not feasible, and it won't be for quite some time. Democrats like to flaunt their high and mighty ideals, yet they rarely take action on them, Clinton was the king of this kind of behavior...

Meh...but I've wandered off course...basically what i'm saying is, if you think Kerry is going to fix things in the middle east, and you think that a democratic administration will not aggressively pursue oil interests just as much as a republican administration would, then you're sadly mistaken...

If you don't like how things are in this country, then get out!

Just let me start off by saying, I can understand that people don't want to join the military freely, but if you are using the best things that this country has to offer, then our country happens to be attacked where we would need a draft you wouldn't defend, the great schools that use? Leave now, go to France, be a pussy, have a poodle and kill yourself when you find out that this is the best country in the world.

Now, let me get to the topic at hand, let say that everybody thinks like the ass beforehand, and won't join the military by any means. Well everybody will start bitching because our military is weak, but won't draft because they don't have the balls to defend the country that has given them everything they own. I guess what these people want is to live in Iraq, where they have little to no money, shitty schools, hospitals, living conditions, food and a leader who could care less and rape your wife, kill your son, and force you to join the military and if you don't he will kill you. Hey by all means, go over there, you won't have to join the military, you could just die.

Yes, that's why April was the bloodiest month of the war. Our intimidation lead to the death of hundreds of our own troops. And for what? To show them that we truly have the bigger dicks? That only we have the power to determine what is right for a country and its people? I don't know about you, but I don't have an ounce of respect for a bully or anyone else who throws their weight around. We created terrorism in Iraq.

Why did our soldeirs die you ask? Because they fought for the people who couldn't fight for themselves, they people that died in 9/11, the people that could have died of another attack, if we did nothing. Yet, if we did nothing Bush would be considered a pussy, but now that he is and that almost every single member in Congress thought was reason enough to go to war, he is a bastard. We are using our power to simple intimidate, well I say keep it up. We can't just sit by idlely, while we get attacked by terrorists. The only "REAL" way to fight terriorism is to attack the countries that fund their plans, camps, passports, flight lessons, and Iraq was one of those countries. By attacking that country we liberated a country in need, and protected ourselves, by taking away money from Al-Qaeda. Also, you can not convice me that Saddam didn't harbor (HIDE) terrorist, give them money, weapons, support training camps etc. It happend plain and simple, and the best thing we did was take that bastard from power.

Iraq had zero to do with 9/11. Nothing at all. Last time I checked an atlas, Iraq and Afghanistan are two seperate countries. Osama bin Laden and al-Quida are in Afghanistan. So why do you keep using that as your reason for the ivasion and occupation of Iraq? Those soldiers, like the one in 92b16vx's signature, died because those people no longer want us in their country. How more plainly obvious can they be, than by stringing the chared, mutilated corpses of Americans with the message of "get out"? I don't mean to be rude, but you'd have to be a fucking idiot to misinterpret that message.

Did I say that Iraq had anything to do with 9/11? Maybe they didn't know that 9/11 was in the plan, but Iraq had been giving funds to terrorists known factions, not necessarily Al-Qaeda, but Iraq has dealt with terrorists in the past. Lets say that they still had no affiliation with any terror network, we still had proof that they were a threat, and had weapons of mass destruction. We have those same destructive weapons, however, we won't just use a nuclear warhead at will, where Iraq will. They will use Biological an Chemical, and that makes them a threat and we gave them ample time to show us proof that they had destroyed that threat to the U.S. So, in all our reasons for war were correct. Iraq was funding terrorists via camps and/or money and they had weapons of mass destruction which put us in massive danger, so they only real way to deal with terrorists, is to take the fight to them.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jun 8 2004, 10:19 PM

So why do you keep using that as your reason for the ivasion and occupation of Iraq? Those soldiers, like the one in 92b16vx's signature, died because those people no longer want us in their country. How more plainly obvious can they be, than by stringing the chared, mutilated corpses of Americans with the message of "get out"?

Don't use my friends death to argue a point, he didn't die because Iraqis want us out of Iraq, he died because he was attacked during a war. Maybe you think you have the inside track on Iraqi popular opinion, and all the things that have gone on since the invasion, but you don't. There aren't a hundred Iraqi that want us there and the rest of the population wanting us gone, the insurgence are the minority. Maybe most of them don't like the ways of our society, and see us for what we are, a bloated, hidenous mass, but the ideals are good, the peoplke are what sucks.

Originally posted by dveit@Jun 7 2004, 12:43 PM
But we're dealing with terrorists here. Yes, I know that invading their country does not make them happy, but what did you expect us to do? Talk to them and then they will nicely hand over the plans to destroy our country? Hell no. Intimidation and force is what the US is known for, and if we threaten them and intimidate them enough, then we will get what we want. Only then, should we call forces back. IF we called forces back beforehand, they will get the idea that we are giving up or something. We defenitly do not need to give them a hint of that, because that will just give them more reason to not cooperate.

i think the president is in it for that country's resources. why? they are doing nothing in the south east or other coutries. there are plenty of terrorists hiding there. they overthrew saddam for crimes against his own people; yet in vietnam over 400 christian montagnards were killed on easter this year and the president isnt doing much of anything. in case you dont know who montagnards are they were the US greatest ally in vietnam. also there are MANY terrorists in phillipines and other se asia countries, and some of the bigger countries like n. korea; who have weapons that can kill many people.

Really now? He was attacked by people fighting to get us out of their country, but that's not what it was? They aren't fighting their side of the war because they want us out of their holy cities and their country? They must protecting their oil then.

I lost nine friends or family in one year, 1999, and I'll use each and everyone of them to prove a point. Number one, do crank for 45 years and your heart just might explode, 2) pass out while you're driving and a little girl no longer has a father, 3) if you're sexually promiscuous you just might die of AIDS, 4) eat crap and you just might have a heart attac, et cetera. And these are people I cared about, do you think I give a damn about someone I've never met who got blown up doing their job? You're not the first person to lose someone tragically, get over it. It's not like I called him a cocksucker, for Christ's sake. And I have never once said I have the inside track on anything, period. I have, however, read several articles written by Iraqis, in Iraq, about the occupation. They don't like it. They like the fact that we got rid of Saddam and they hate the fact that we've now occupied their country. But hey, who ever said news "straight from the horses mouth" was ever accurate? Get over yourself. You get paid to fight for the country, that doesn't make you anything more than an expenadable chess piece.

I lose more and more respect for our military every day because of the attitudes of people like you.

You lose respect for our military because people mourn over the ones they loved? What in the hell gives you the right to say that someone is wrong and died in vain? For all you know, maybe he believed that Iraq was/is a threat to our countries secruity. If anything it is people like you that make me lose respect for American people especially you. You lose respect for the military because they are doing their job? If that isn't why you are losing respect then what is it? How in the hell can you lose respect for the people fighting for their country. You may not agree with the reason we are invading their country, but losing respect or not supporting the people that defend pisses me off. I can understand that you don't agree with the reason we are over there, but those men and women are giving their life and you speak of them like they have no right to fight over there because you disagree with it. I am done talking to you, you have no shame, sense of freedom, and seem to hate this country and Bush, so what I would like to say is leave the country and go fight for Iraq if that is what you believe in so righteously(SP?)

Originally posted by Blanco+Jun 11 2004, 08:34 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 11 2004, 01:58 PM
Blanco
@Jun 8 2004, 10:19 PM

So why do you keep using that as your reason for the ivasion and occupation of Iraq?  Those soldiers, like the one in 92b16vx's signature, died because those people no longer want us in their country.  How more plainly obvious can they be, than by stringing the chared, mutilated corpses of Americans with the message of "get out"? 

Don't use my friends death to argue a point, he didn't die because Iraqis want us out of Iraq, he died because he was attacked during a war. Maybe you think you have the inside track on Iraqi popular opinion, and all the things that have gone on since the invasion, but you don't. There aren't a hundred Iraqi that want us there and the rest of the population wanting us gone, the insurgence are the minority. Maybe most of them don't like the ways of our society, and see us for what we are, a bloated, hidenous mass, but the ideals are good, the peoplke are what sucks.

Really now? He was attacked by people fighting to get us out of their country, but that's not what it was? They aren't fighting their side of the war because they want us out of their holy cities and their country? They must protecting their oil then.

I lost nine friends or family in one year, 1999, and I'll use each and everyone of them to prove a point. Number one, do crank for 45 years and your heart just might explode, 2) pass out while you're driving and a little girl no longer has a father, 3) if you're sexually promiscuous you just might die of AIDS, 4) eat crap and you just might have a heart attac, et cetera. And these are people I cared about, do you think I give a damn about someone I've never met who got blown up doing their job? You're not the first person to lose someone tragically, get over it. It's not like I called him a cocksucker, for Christ's sake. And I have never once said I have the inside track on anything, period. I have, however, read several articles written by Iraqis, in Iraq, about the occupation. They don't like it. They like the fact that we got rid of Saddam and they hate the fact that we've now occupied their country. But hey, who ever said news "straight from the horses mouth" was ever accurate? Get over yourself. You get paid to fight for the country, that doesn't make you anything more than an expenadable chess piece.

I lose more and more respect for our military every day because of the attitudes of people like you.

Look ass wipe, I said don't use my friend to further your retarded argument, because you don't know him, or anything about him, and you have no idea about what you are talking about. Your examples are lackluster and irrelevant. If you knew him, you could, if you were in the war, or involved in some facet of American society other than an armchair politician, than ok. The only thing expendable is you, it is you who contributes nothing other than your uneducated BS. No, not uneducated as in you didn't finish school, but as in don't know what you're talking about.

Let me take you statements to a different theater, you say he was killed by people that want him out of Iraq, so because a cop is killed by a crackhead in a neighborhood, I guess that means that the good people in the neighborhood must want all the cops out of the neighborhood.

So, my point wasn't that you are trying to demean his life and death, you are not significant enough to, my point is, you statement was stupid, as an epitome to your narrowmind and how you view the issues at hand.

I think the people who belong in the army probably volunteered to be there. Sitting there getting shot at while people who *don't* want to be there watch *my* ass is not exactly inspiring.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jun 11 2004, 09:42 PM
You put it into a public forum, deal with it...asswipe.

Let's put your example into reality. The cop isn't waging war on every citizen in the neighborhood. Cops aren't walking down the street with M16's, in full battle gear. Cops don't snipe ambulance drivers. One or two clean holes in a windsheild at exactly chest height, on several ambulances, isn't stray fire. Cops don't march into hospitals demanding information about every crackhead that gets treatment.

I'm as narrow minded as an objective and open minded person can get. Now kindly piss off.

Haha, you're funny. Anyway, I didn't put him into this, and I didn't aim my tribute to him in any political direction, so you shouldn't either.

And you can attempt to twist my twisting, but it just doesn't work. Because in fact depending on where you go, and who you ask cops do infact carry automatic weapons. If you have ever been on Wallstreet you'd see cops carring full autos, guarding high risk targets, but all that is beside the point.

And I hate to inform your, yes, narrowminded ass, but US troops in the Middle East do a LOT more than just walk around carring M16s, they do infact drive ambulances that transport Iraqis, run hospitals that treat Iraqis, they do run water treatment plants and electrical powerplants that service Iraqi, they do distribute food, and clothing school supplies to Iraqis, they do run vet clinics for the pets and ainmals in Iraq, they do build roads rebiuld houses, and facilities for Iraqs, should I go on? I can.

Next time you want to try playing the jackbooted terrorist card while talking about your military, try know what you're talking about, like I said in the first place.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jun 12 2004, 02:26 AM

So, next time you want to play the "jackbooted" baby killer card...why don't you find out what you're talking about. I'm done with you and this thread.

Sorry your military daddy doesn't love you, and most service members think snot nosed shits like you are a pain in the ass. Feel free to continue quoting the bad, trying feebley to substantiate your claims of Iraqi abuse, and US foley while sitting around wallowing in your pathetic misery. Maybe one day you'll grow up and realize there is a much larger picture than your infantile views. Yes, you are one of the typical winers that pouts only the bad, all the while ignoring anything that might not back your claims, sorry, but most people grow out of that after high school once they see that there is a lot more to the world than their sad little bubble. Please feel free to nullify your own arguements some more with stories of personal experiance. I do find it interesting that you say your mom is a nurse, and you dad is a mechanic and yet continue on about the evils of the military and how it's nothing but murderers, seems you're sort of a living paradox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back