Hunters: Question about bipod for rifle.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tab

Super Moderator
I'm gonna be hunting in Nebraska this year again. There's a lot of open country and flowing hills. Around here, I shoot over a stump. Over there, lying on the ground blocks part of your vision due to the grass. I'm thinking bipod.

Who has one, what brand, how does it attach to your particular gun, is it loud, would you buy another, height, swivel or no swivel, ETC.

I wanna have the most comfortable rest possible for a 2-300 yard shot. I think I'd like the taller sitting model. Maybe a Harris 13-23, but I'm open to suggestions, especially if you already have one.

I'm hoping for <$100 on Ebay, so please don't suggest a $300 sniper rifle super bipod.

Thanks guys! ;)

REAL men hunt with bow and arrows.

just sit cross legged and rest the rifle on your knee. Works everytime for me.

Real men don't use binoculars, rangefinders, or rifles. I'll think about that sitting position, but I'm still looking for opinions.

I don't hunt but I have a student that shoots in comps all the time. He said to get some "shooting sticks" and that the are better than a bipod because they aren't attached to your gun. I googled it and there are a ton of them out there. Basically it is just two sticks that you cross to form an x shape then the gun rests on the cross. they are nice because you can get them to be any height you want

Back