hurricane earl

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

put a wench system on the ceiling. reinforce the bracing up there, strap the car up, lift it to the ceiling.
could be done. probably not cheap, but you'd have an awesome lift.

or, you could sandbag around the car.

Ratchet straps and 2x4's lol. Oh, and duct tape.

Perfect modular wench/lift system.

so what are we supposed to look out for??
i dont recall ever being through a hurricane so i dont know what to prepare..
im just worried about trees falling on my car.
we live on a hill so we wont flood.the trees around the house arent close enough to do damage.
so?

if you get a direct hit from a 120mph or more hurricane.... you can expect roof damage, possibly other damage to the house and any vehicles outside. also loss of power and probably water for at least a week. i have been through it, its not that fun.

Not fun but the community is more lively from neighbors helping each other.

so what are we supposed to look out for??
i dont recall ever being through a hurricane so i dont know what to prepare..
im just worried about trees falling on my car.
we live on a hill so we wont flood.the trees around the house arent close enough to do damage.
so?

have a buddy follow you to the covered parking at the nearest mall, park and lock car there, then have him take you to the packy to get 3 cases of corona light, 2 bottles of capt. Morgan, and 2 2L of coke, hit Taco bell for 3 chicken quiesadila's, 4 chicken burrito supreme's, and 20 steak challupa's...

Lock self in room with items above, with an ex-gf you wanted to grudge fuck for a while...

its not going to be bad.... cat 3 at worst, liekly a 2 or 1 when it hits NE... if it even does. latest models have it pushing off to shore more. just some big winds on the cape, and high tides.

fill_99qwbg.gif

eh fuck it i guess but i do like that plan airjockie has..
wind and rain it is

:shrug2: not worried....

i have a decent stock pile of emergency food and supplies.... and plenty of ammo for when those run out ;)

Earl? Really? Why Earl?

I would be more afraid it would drink your beer and beat your women rather than flood.

:shrug2:

Last edited:
I've been through my share of hurricanes. I vacation in the Outer Banks of NC every year during hurricane season.. They really are nothing special. Once you watch the water rise and realize nothing all that cool is going to happen, its very boring stuck inside with no power.

Back