Hurricane Irene

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How does the sushi stack up vs the real deal? Run by Chinese or japanese? We might go there tonight.

326436_183117535093962_100001871518109_429384_7724287_o.jpg

Got it at a small Thai place within walking distance of our hotel, It was good, better then your normal sushi place although the sushi chef looked Hispanic. Prices were pretty cheap. Then again it is fl.....

Better then I expected.

Happy Fish - Palm Beach - Singer Island | Urbanspoon

Btw damn near every sushi menu in fl has cream cheese in 80% of their items.... Wtf is with that.....

Ra is more Fusion, so white/Asian chefs...not exciting at all, but good and cheap. I hit all of the places in Palm Beach area...2 months there on company credit card... Ra and Yard house were hit multiple times.

RA Sushi Bar Restaurant - Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Reviews seem to be meh outside of the specials.

Might skip that place. Theres an oyster bar off PGA and military that was really good. Spotos or something.
Havana near down town was Awesome! 24/7 with the street food window. Best chicharones Ever! Super crispy skin with a nice layer of fat and yummy meat.

331117_182128788526170_100001871518109_426052_4749972_o.jpg

One of our favorite places is in ft lauderdale

3030 Ocean Restaurant - Marriott's Harbor Beach Resort & Spa 3030 Holiday Drive, Fort Lauderdale

We went Tuesday and turns out Gordon Ramsay was shooting video for something there. Such a well done restaurant.

Go hit Ra, great happy hour and right next door to Yard House for some excellent beer.

RA Sushi Bar Restaurant in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, at Downtown at the Gardens.

wow i live about 3 miles from there! i go to yard house all the time. im not a big sushi eater though. i like to cook the fish that i catch or that is given to me. within the last week ive gotten fresh dolphin and yellowfin tuna given to me :) the perks of working in a busy marina and knowing everyone!

jeff are you staying on singer island?

I've got a Ra out in the Chicago suburbs... :thumbsup:

The chef we had made the meal into a game... The more we ordered the more intricate his plating designs got... By the end we had little pears sculpted with wasabi, complete with a little piece of sprout for the stem. :D

Sometimes we gotta love HS....the only place to bring loonies with admirable power fetish's together in strange places. :D

Yup on the island about to hit up Havana again.

Best chicharones I've ever had were at a restaurant near my moms family's place in Costa Rica. They cooked them in a huge kettle over a wood fire in the center of the restaurant. Made the place smokey and it smelled sooooooo good in there. Like you said, crispy but with good bits of meat still on them. I miss visiting the family down there.

Yup on the island about to hit up Havana again.

i got off work early and went to the island to watch the waves today. i work at a marina right near the blue heron bridge.

just for future reference....
theres a killer taco place called tijuana flats in the publix shopping center at the corner of PGA and US1. also in that shopping center is the bonefish grill, which is always tasty. i also like to go to the rum bar right off PGA and ellison wilson rd, next to panama hatties. another great little lunch spot is just north of pga on US1 called Crazy cuban. best damn soups and pressed sandwiches around. and the downtown gardens area, where yard house is, has more fine ass walking around than you can shake stick at.

i got off work early and went to the island to watch the waves today. i work at a marina right near the blue heron bridge.

just for future reference....
theres a killer taco place called tijuana flats in the publix shopping center at the corner of PGA and US1. also in that shopping center is the bonefish grill, which is always tasty. i also like to go to the rum bar right off PGA and ellison wilson rd, next to panama hatties. another great little lunch spot is just north of pga on US1 called Crazy cuban. best damn soups and pressed sandwiches around. and the downtown gardens area, where yard house is, has more fine ass walking around than you can shake stick at.

We just got back from yo-le? Yogurt place off pga and 1. saw the Tijuana flat place. Screamed gringo aka aimed at white people place. Head south on 1 there's a kick butt taco/pupusas food truck. Pretty sure they make their tortillas themselves. Plus they have tounge tacos. Always a plus.

332145_183573625048353_100001871518109_430679_976127_o.jpg

Before

290397_183579388381110_100001871518109_430690_3239807_o.jpg

After.

Bone fish is always good but i cannot bring myself to eat at a chain restaurant anytime I'm in a different area.

As for fine girls. This area straight up sucks. We went to whole foods as with walking that whole outdoor mall they had a concert going. Place was crazy busy. Everyone was ugly. So many people here are chubby or just nasty. Linh keeps making fun of how the only normal looking bodies turn out to be 13-15 yo. Really sad. We went to ft lauderdale last Tuesday' it was night and day difference in women. Palm beach is sadly ghetto. Nice hotel but as soon as you step off the lot.... There's always police here just hanging out for exposure. Every time we come back there's a new police car. Guessing hired by the hotel.

PGA is nice towards the gardens ill give it that much :rolleyes:

Next time we are doing lauderdale, Miami or the keys, lauderdale is the most north we will go.

Btw you see that shooting last night?

Shit might get a little sketchy in NYC.
no electric/no food + millions of people just waiting for a reason to flip their shit
I live 2 hrs upstate and I would be taking a little flight to somewhere sunny and warm if I wasn't worried about family.

Back