Hurricane Irene

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you have 24 hours to evac. if you're going to do it, do it now, or plan to wait it out.

do you have food/water for a couple weeks? it may be that long before you find a place selling again.

NYC shutting down mass transportation a noon saturday, ny times reports

lmao
Id take the occasional shitstorm over falling off into the ocean.

It won't be that bad.

and the last time this happened was 1985. How many times has cali shaked or burned or slid since then?

cash if you're bouncing, get out now while you still can.

I live in New York City - Should I evacuate?
if you have family you can visit somewhere out of the path, I say go for it. just pick all your stuff off of the floor before you go, and move your expensive electronics to an interior room and put heavy duty garbage bags over them.

In all seriousness if anyone needs a place to stay to get out of this shit let me know. I'm in the Scranton pa area, things shouldn't be that bad here and I have extra room at my place.

the-end-is-near.jpg

143.282x282.jpg

armegeddon.jpg

index.php

judgment_day_terror.jpg

oh, and if you do stay, take it easy on the crapping, because the sewers might get backed up....

oh, and if you do stay, take it easy on the crapping, because the sewers might get backed up....

also fill the bathtub up with water, and have a pitcher or a bucket handy to poar water into the toilet tank to flush. ;)

people here are freaking out. but im not too worried where i am.

Yea i know right, Some gas stations were out of gas yesterday, water bottles were sold out at grocery stores, and some dude bought 200$ in just flashlights and batteries. Like... its gonna be a thunderstorm.. were not in the Carolina's.. relax.

When the remnants of hurricane Ike came through Ohio in 08' stuff got seriously fucked up. Sustained winds were only 40-50mph, but gusts were in the 60's-70's. The storm knocked out power in Dayton for 3 days. The problem with these weakened storms is not the wind speed, but the duration. A thunderstorm is maybe 10-20 minutes of high winds. This thing will be hours and hours long. Roofs and trees can only take 60-70mph winds for so long...

Back