Hurricane Irene

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Meh, it was very underwhelming. Ithink I was more impressed by the snowcane

I lost power at about 3am last night and it's been off ever since.
2 inches of water in my basement, no power to the sump pump.
Pretty good size tree split in my back yard. Another leaning real good in the front. Will have to come down.
Was going to go to the movies to get away for a few hours and there was a 50ft tree blocking the road. The only way out.
Luckily my parents just bought a new 5000W generator, and then their power came back. So I snagged it up to power my sump pump, TV, HTPC, refrigerator, and bedroom AC.

Hopefully they have my power back up sometime tomorrow.

broken tree in my yard, meh.

IMG_0705.JPG

down tree that was blocking the only way out of my neighborhood.

IMG_0708.JPG

theres no gps data in the pics and the pic with the street sign is a considerable distance from my house, nor is that the road i even live on lol. im not worried.

National grid - due to severe damage to multiple powerlines the estimated time power will be restored is... Unknown.

called them due to boredom... at the office.

theres no gps data in the pics and the pic with the street sign is a considerable distance from my house, nor is that the road i even live on lol. im not worried.

But you have tons of pictures of your car online. And pictures of your 20x30 (?) shed. A few pictures here and there of snow, now pictures of hurricane damage, etc.

I'm surpised you didn't get more water given how close you are to the bay. ;)

:ph34r: lol

Oh yea, but anyone that has access to a BMV database or something along those lines can find you awptickes. Everyone knows your vanity plates.

Last edited:
ct shoreline got owned pretty good

6093827628_5e0e62f8b8_b.jpg

6093826696_6d0790f21f_b.jpg

6093822848_793249636c_b.jpg

Gives a whole new meaning to bridge to nowhere...

6093284265_91e6d8908c_b.jpg

he doesnt know where my house is lol. ive done some stealth editing of certain pics i put up ;)

water usually isnt too bad of a problem. the houses across the street from me are right on the water, but the houses are still a good 6-8ft above the water. so there would have to be a BIG surge to flood us out. i only got about 2" of water in my basement/cellar from all the rain and no power to the sump pump.

Got evacuated around 4pm, could have stayed fiance didn't want to chance it. I am high enough not to worry about the water hitting just being able to get out. So we went to her beach cottage because it seemed like everything was over. The wind was high just didn't park under any trees. The cottage had some damage to the outdoor shore which needs to be replaced anyways and about 45 minutes of raking. The beach we went to looked nothing like what B posted, just some beach erosion and some of the cottages closer to the water got some flooding. The eastern shore didn't get the rain the rest of the state did. I got 8 inches at my house.

Lots of damage and power outages around my town and neighboring towns. Something funky is definitely going on with NStar and Nat Grid. I've seen all but one line truck the past two days and only three or four vans and pickups. It's like they are waiting for the trees to be cleaned up or something. Most people in my area are seeing a sunday date of power being restored.

funny thing is all the trees in your area HAVE been cleaned up. have you seen the FB photos i put up from uxbridge/sutton at the campgrounds? the trees have been cleaned up since sunday afternoon. lines still down everywhere. what the hell are we paying for? our rates are just going to go up... and most folks still dont have power.

Back