Hurricane Isaac

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
is pretty much rearing up to be Katrina part 2.

218365_451604774884334_1137523432_o.jpg

The winds aren't impressive, but they are saying 11 inches of rain on the eastern wall.

:popcorn:

I saw something on WTNH (CT) that said clean-up still hasn't been completed from our Irene.

With our budgets the way they are, the damage from any storm is going to be long-term. And the criminal damage from this storm will far outweigh Katrina. These gangs are ready this time, and the people won't leave based on what happened the last time.

The North East power grid is still my largest concern. Prepare - The next outage we get up here will equal months of outages.

They've done a lot of work to the grid around here in the last year. trimming trees near wires, replacing lines, poles, etc etc. i see power trucks all the time now doing stuff.

I saw something on WTNH (CT) that said clean-up still hasn't been completed from our Irene.

Heck, clean-up still hasn't completed from Katrina, 7 years ago. Several libraries destroyed in '05 were just reopened in April 2012

With our budgets the way they are, the damage from any storm is going to be long-term. And the criminal damage from this storm will far outweigh Katrina. These gangs are ready this time, and the people won't leave based on what happened the last time.

The North East power grid is still my largest concern. Prepare - The next outage we get up here will equal months of outages.

I call :bs:.

depends where you live
my cousin has gone twice this summer without power for a week+ at a time with just the little thunder storms we've been getting

the problem for the gulf coast is isaac is such a big storm with a lot of rain. The wind has been blowing 30+ mph here in palm beach for almost 36 hours, and the rain has been almost non stop. the storm never even came close to here, but we were on the wet side. there has been flooding and some 30,000 people without power last night in the county, but nothing bad or long term. everyone is pretty prepared in florida for these storms... i guess we will see how prepared N.O. is this time around.

Maybe it'll change course, head straight for Houston, and send all these Katrimmigrants that are STILL here back home to NOLA. Ugh.

They've done a lot of work to the grid around here in the last year. trimming trees near wires, replacing lines, poles, etc etc. i see power trucks all the time now doing stuff.

They haven't done shit around here.

Saturday night there were outages.
Sunday night there were outages.

If B'more gets hit with another severe thunderstorm, along with the rest of the NE, we'll be screwed. It's all about timing with the rest of the country because the local lineman workforce is augmented with out-of-area workers who come in as a kind of surge labor. Many times the power companies will know the storm is coming, so they'll request workers from other (unaffected) areas in advance so they arrive in time. Example: Workers from Ohio will head out before the storm has hit Baltimore/DC.

I don't think it'll be bad, as long as the weather events are forecast-able.

Anyone else find it ironic the RNC is in Tampa, FL RIGHT NOW?

They used HAARP to change the course, this way Obama can be painted as the bad guy to all of the people affected by Katrina who voted for him because Bush didn't do enough to help them.

hat-tin-foil-smiley.gif

Back