Hurricane Ivan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NotUrAverage_Si

051508W.gif

:huh:

Damn they just keep getting hit one after another. I feel sorry for all the people who are gonna lose their homes and possibly their lives.

Milan, I hope you and the other Florida HS members got the hell outta there in time.

dammit. this sucks. my mom lives down in the Tampa area and is getting hit by Frances. now we got Ivan thats headed some-what that way. i hope my mom found shelter and is doing OK.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Sep 5 2004, 03:25 PM
dammit. this sucks. my mom lives down in the Tampa area and is getting hit by Frances. now we got Ivan thats headed some-what that way. i hope my mom found shelter and is doing OK.
[post=386400]Quoted post[/post]​

She should be fine as long as shes not in a trailer park... you know how them tornadoes get when trailer parks are around.

BTW any word on the FL guys? I've seen havok on and off but thats it

reason # 1 florida sucks??

no my mom doesnt live in a damn trailer park. :angry:

i spoke to my mom on the phone and shes doing fine. she said there is alot of wind and rain. she alos said that Frances has been downgraded to a tropical storm but they arent sure if its gonna get strong again and be back up to hurricane status.

all things considering, Fraces was a big pussy. 75 mph winds, with 100 peaks, is pretty damn weak. considering, it was a cat 4 just hours before landfall...
and you all remember Andrew.... that was a 4.

Ivan is looking to be a high 3/low 4 by the time it gets to the florida area... but it doesn't look like its headed for miami again.... more so on the path that charley took last month...

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Sep 7 2004, 10:04 AM
Reason 4,000,983,980,001 why California rocks.... :p
[post=387021]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
:woo:

Originally posted by B16+Sep 7 2004, 01:40 PM-->
MaaseyRacer
@Sep 7 2004, 10:04 AM

[post=387041]Quoted post[/post]​

Uhh, you get hurricanes, too, you asshats. They are just called Tsunamis or Typhoons or whatever the fuck you call them. It's hurricanes, BTW :)

The projected path looks like it will hit the FL panhandle/Alabama area, which would suck, because I would either A.) have to go to Atlanta, or B.) have to chill one block away from the beach with no power for a week, like last time.

Originally posted by Havok+Sep 7 2004, 12:23 PM-->
Originally posted by B16@Sep 7 2004, 01:40 PM
MaaseyRacer

Uhh, you get hurricanes, too, you asshats. They are just called Tsunamis or Typhoons or whatever the fuck you call them. It's hurricanes, BTW :)
[post=387084]Quoted post[/post]​

well, in the 26 years i've lived here i have yet to see one :)

Oregon's the shit. Sure it rains out half the year, but summer and fall april through october is generally quite nice.

florida has been majorly fucked since the dawn of migration from southern immigrants

yeah I know, down here they are saying that if you mention the word ivan you pretty much get a beat down.

Well, today I finally got my power back. I just loved eating cold beans and cold tomato soup for 5 days, no gas anywhere, dark as fuck.

Lets see, recap of since my power went out, and also reponse to B. My power went out friday-ish, I stayed in my house while my crazy father decided to stay in his restaurant the entire time, and my mom and brother went to a shelter. I stayed home pretty much for the fact that well since this wasn't a crazy ass hurricane like a cat 4/5 I felt pretty safe and also my cat isn't allowed into shelters.

B, I know you mentioned that this hurricane was a pussy, etc....and to be honest I was VERY surprised to see how much damage this fucking thing did. If I am not mistaken the eye of the hurricane "the bottom portion" passed over just 20 miles north of me in Lake Worth "atleast a somewhat decent source told me".

Well I am not sure if I should go indepth about this topic, in this specific topic and I wasn't sure if I am going to make a video which you guys can link to of me driving just around just after the hurricane left, or was leaving.

But, two houses down from me a 60 foot tall tree was uprooted and tossed a ways and finally landed on my neighbors patio which was crushed, trees everywhere were uprooted, lots of people had damage to their houses. The hurricane woke me up at night at 2:30am cause I heard the tree slamming into my neighbors house and also my roof was creeking, plus the 90+pmh winds howling.

So, in other words if a Cat 3 or higher ever came I would definetly go into a shelter or leave the state of florida. I didn't feel safe in this Cat 2, plus the fucker was stated at a speed of "drift", not even 1mph....this fucking this was slagging slow and it brought lots of damage.

BUT, I am still alive, all is well, and its time to move on, HOpefully this ivan bastard will move west of florida....pray to go it does cause I honestly don't think I can deal with another "3rd" hurricane hitting florida...

Originally posted by JDMilan@Sep 7 2004, 09:27 PM
yeah I know, down here they are saying that if you mention the word ivan you pretty much get a beat down.

Well, today I finally got my power back. I just loved eating cold beans and cold tomato soup for 5 days, no gas anywhere, dark as fuck.

Lets see, recap of since my power went out, and also reponse to B. My power went out friday-ish, I stayed in my house while my crazy father decided to stay in his restaurant the entire time, and my mom and brother went to a shelter. I stayed home pretty much for the fact that well since this wasn't a crazy ass hurricane like a cat 4/5 I felt pretty safe and also my cat isn't allowed into shelters.

B, I know you mentioned that this hurricane was a pussy, etc....and to be honest I was VERY surprised to see how much damage this fucking thing did. If I am not mistaken the eye of the hurricane "the bottom portion" passed over just 20 miles north of me in Lake Worth "atleast a somewhat decent source told me".

Well I am not sure if I should go indepth about this topic, in this specific topic and I wasn't sure if I am going to make a video which you guys can link to of me driving just around just after the hurricane left, or was leaving.

But, two houses down from me a 60 foot tall tree was uprooted and tossed a ways and finally landed on my neighbors patio which was crushed, trees everywhere were uprooted, lots of people had damage to their houses. The hurricane woke me up at night at 2:30am cause I heard the tree slamming into my neighbors house and also my roof was creeking, plus the 90+pmh winds howling.

So, in other words if a Cat 3 or higher ever came I would definetly go into a shelter or leave the state of florida. I didn't feel safe in this Cat 2, plus the fucker was stated at a speed of "drift", not even 1mph....this fucking this was slagging slow and it brought lots of damage.

BUT, I am still alive, all is well, and its time to move on, HOpefully this ivan bastard will move west of florida....pray to go it does cause I honestly don't think I can deal with another "3rd" hurricane hitting florida...
[post=387226]Quoted post[/post]​

My GP's live in Boca in some jewish community.....I should prolly call them to see how they are....

yeah you should, some parts of boca still don't have power. A friend of mine that lives in the more richy part of town "Polo Club" has sewage issues and they are leaving to go to miami for a couple days in a hotel.

the problem not only isn't power but you add the fucking weather, aka : Humidity and it is literally hotter inside than out.

Originally posted by B16+Sep 7 2004, 12:30 PM-->
Originally posted by Havok@Sep 7 2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by B16@Sep 7 2004, 01:40 PM
MaaseyRacer

[post=387084]Quoted post[/post]​

well, in the 26 years i've lived here i have yet to see one :)
[post=387086]Quoted post[/post]​

EXACTLY!!!

Back