Hurricane Katrina

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Good luck. No hurricanes here in CO. Avalanches aren't a problem unless you're hiking in the wrong spot. Out in Eastern CO, there are tornadoes, but they usually aren't too bad.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Aug 28 2005, 10:08 PM
That sucks that this is happening to a cool place like New Orleans.

Too bad Los Angeles doesn't get Category 5 hurricanes. The U.S. could use a good enema.
[post=546527]Quoted post[/post]​

you ever been to new orleans? its a shithole.

Originally posted by micah+Aug 28 2005, 11:31 PM-->
dohch22a4
@Aug 28 2005, 10:08 PM

Too bad Los Angeles doesn't get Category 5 hurricanes. The U.S. could use a good enema.

[post=546577]Quoted post[/post]​

On a good note. At least the streets will be cleaned.

nothing like a nice category 5 to wash the stench of puke and piss away

but seriously good luck everyone down there
stay safe

Originally posted by micah+Aug 28 2005, 11:31 PM-->
dohch22a4
@Aug 28 2005, 10:08 PM

[post=546577]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah it is :D ,

now they are saying it going to pass to the east of NO, but the surge is still going to cause the lake to pour over into NO and surrounding areas <_< ...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 29 2005, 08:11 AM
LMAO...

breaking news.... the superdome's roof is leaking.

so much for a shelter....
[post=546683]Quoted post[/post]​

omg....that sucks..... LOL No power...water dripping on you and filled with half psychotic people.... Glad I chose Seattle.

They said the superdome is built to withstand 200mph winds... But I don't think that includes the treetrunks and whole other buildings that come with winds of that speed. :ph34r:

well my uncle's house is pretty much gone from the descriptions of some reports of areas around new orleans, but i'm not sure about mine...

Why in gods name would someone want to live in New Orleans anyway is beyond me. Hot, smells like piss and high crime. Least two out of three of those things will be temporarily taken care of.

Originally posted by beau_safken@Aug 29 2005, 10:10 AM
Why in gods name would someone want to live in New Orleans anyway is beyond me. Hot, smells like piss and high crime.

Exactly. And they said that the flooding will back up the sewers and cover the ground in mud, silt, and human waste. And that the water could actually float coffins to the surface, so decomposing bodies could be on the street.

...but for New Orleans, that's an improvement. It'll be cleaner!

i saw some pics on msnbc and theres some serious damage and flooding going on.

i don't think it will even be inhabitable for at least a week.... water everywhere... debris everywhere...

Originally posted by DarkHand@Aug 29 2005, 09:41 AM
They said the superdome is built to withstand 200mph winds... But I don't think that includes the treetrunks and whole other buildings that come with winds of that speed. :ph34r:
[post=546709]Quoted post[/post]​

the building itself is structurallys ound, but the dome is made of a rubbery substance. the dome isnt handling the wind very well, theres been a whole ripped into it and theres lots of leaking.

supposedly theres 8 feet of water in some parts of NO and itll prolly get worse. coffins float around everytime NO floods, thats why they started building above ground mosoleums (sp).

mobile is flooding pretty bad also, news reporters couldnt even get downtown because how high the water was, the surge is just filling up the bay and its pouring into the city. there was an oil rig that was ripped from the docks and it took 3 tugboats to pull it back in, no word on leaks yet.

turns out this hurricane wasnt near as bad as it looked to be, but still alot of flooding.

yeah, i was hoping for some serious cat 5 shit... i mean, it sucks for the people down there, but i love seeing destruction pics for some reason. kinda disappointed that there really aren't that many

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Aug 29 2005, 12:14 PM-->
yeah, i was hoping for some serious cat 5 shit... i mean, it sucks for the people down there, but i love seeing destruction pics for some reason. kinda disappointed that there really aren't that many
[post=546828]Quoted post[/post]​

micah
@Aug 29 2005, 12:24 PM
me too, i was hoping to see NO wiped off the face of the planet. oh well
[post=546837]Quoted post[/post]​

Me three. Close, but no bead necklace. :(

:ph34r:
Originally posted by DarkHand+Aug 29 2005, 03:23 PM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 29 2005, 12:14 PM
yeah, i was hoping for some serious cat 5 shit...  i mean, it sucks for the people down there, but i love seeing destruction pics for some reason.  kinda disappointed that there really aren't that many
[post=546828]Quoted post[/post]​

micah
@Aug 29 2005, 12:24 PM
me too, i was hoping to see NO wiped off the face of the planet. oh well
[post=546837]Quoted post[/post]​

Me three. Close, but no bead necklace. :(
[post=546890]Quoted post[/post]​

Would have decreased our national criome rate in one fell swoop,,,,and moved marti gras to someplace where people actually might want to go for more than a night.

Back