Hurricane Katrina

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ah well, now it's a cat 1... and headed right for my buddies in Alabama.... *busts into song*

All I was saying was that NO has some cool history to it. It was more of a jab at LA anyway. Fuck that place. I hope it floats away some day.

damn im glad im live up here the day we worry about a hurricane, well atleast i would have lived long enough to see bush killed by the flood

Fuck all of you!

Every person from Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana came to Panama City Beach...I worked Sunday 2 pm-4 am and today from 8am-11 pm. I'm fucking beat.

Yeah, working 24 out of 28 hours is hilarious...Apparently, when they evacuated, they left their wallets, cheap bastards--I made about 250.00 cash, which sucks for 24 hours of working.

image7rs.gif

I still haven't heard from my best friend from High School. He moved down there 5 years ago to become a chef. Not sure if he left or not. :(

i know a few kids that go to LSU in NO...no ones heard from em or about em.... but if all the phones are down that is probably the reason. i sure hope they made it out!

Originally posted by Havok@Aug 30 2005, 12:49 AM
Easy for you to say, you were sitting around, playing WoW or MvC2 or something.
[post=547146]Quoted post[/post]​

actually i was doing just that! ;)

wow- they are telling no one to come back for a WEEK! holy crap.

That city is sooo fucked, not to mention the rest of the economy. It's going to take many months for those cities to return to even a half way habitable condition. And what will they do? Build more. Pure genius. Cut the shit, set the place ablaze after it dries out alittle and move on... TO SOMEPLACE ABOVE SEA LEVEL. No matter what they do it's a temporary solution for a permanent problem. Nothing but disease, widespread poverty and wasted tax dollars are going to result of this.

and it ain't over yet boys....

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/outl.../hurricane.html

The predicted seasonal totals include the considerable activity that has already occurred prior to this update (7 tropical storms and 2 major hurricanes). Therefore, for the remainder of the season, we expect an additional 11-14 tropical storms, with 7-9 becoming hurricanes, and 3-5 of these becoming major hurricanes. The expected ACE range during August-November is 110%-200% of the median.

2-3 cat 3/4/5's stil to come they think.....

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2005/s2484.htm

Back