HX to EX turbo, some Q's?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

imlachg1

Well I just bought a d16y8 from a 00 civic EX. This will be replacing my crappy d16y5 which came in my civic HX. The question I have a few questions for everyone.

#1. Will my HX wiring harness work for the d16y8?

#2. I will need to buy the p2p ecu, correct?

#3. Is there anything else I am forgeting?

Lastly, I also bought a turbo kit, apexi to be exact. With this I bought 450 injectors, and a SAFC. Thank you guys so much. You guys are great.

use the y8's ecu. if that's the p2p (i forget off the top of my head) then thats what you want

99% of your wiring on the hx shold plug rightinto the y8- IF and only IF both motors are the same obd.
96,97 and 98 are obd2a, 99 and 00 are obd2b. they have different plugs on the ecu, and im not sure if anything else under the hood changed or not. either way, use your hx's harness, and get the right ecu for your car's year. if anythign doesn't plug in under the hood, swap the plug from the other connector on to the harness you are using and solder it up and plug it in.

as for your "statement", what about it? are you asking something about the turbo kit?

Back