Hybrid jdm b16 tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxfreak

ok im thinking of buying my friends b16 tranny jdm...only 400 bucks for me cause ive known him for a long time...45k miles i buy my own clutch tho.....$400 which is fine...but i was thinking hmm maybe since my dad knows tranny's good and all b series parts are usually interchangable maybe he can take my ls 5th gear and trade it for the b16 5th gear...be kinda like an overdrive.....cause when am i gonne use a 5th gear in a 1/4 mile? prolly never...and the gears in my ls tranny with the tires i have on now spin at a pretty high rpm even in 5th goin about 70 with my ls tranny i can just gun it and take off pretty good...and i dont wanna get the b16 tranny and be at like 4500 goin down the freeway...but then again i have non vtec and i only spin it to 6200rpms....until i stroke it out that is but wont be for awhile...what do u think i should do...just go ahead with the b16 tranny throw an act clutch....plus it has limited slip...or u think since its my daily driver too just cruisin it thru town is a waste of gas?? unless im shifting at low rpms that is...but my 4th gear on my ls is grinding all the time only that gear tho usually when im at a fair to high rpm like 3800-6000 shifting in from 3rd....i mean damn with a b16 tranny i will accelerate faster right?? with the ratios it has...but i think that 5th gear from ls would be nice ...... post me up guys....

i have a friend doing the same thing, or wanting to, he has a type R in an EF civic, hates high RPMs on freeway, hes pretty smart when it comes to car, but believes that it will be a hell of alot of work, good luck and tell me how it goes, b/c i wanna do the same thing for my LS powered CRX.

ok....my dad is fast with manul tranny's he takes them apart and rebuilds them in like 45 min...well hot rod tranny's hopefully he can do this one and yea i'll let u know what it turns out to be like wqhen i get it like that atleast....

Back