hydro tranny woes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18EFHatch

Bought a cable tranny for a b18 swap in a eg hatch. I wanna switch to a hydro tranny to make the swap easier but the cable tranny came with a twin disc clutch. could i use the same clutch in a hydro?

I don't think so(smaller spline on the cable transmissions minus the GSR YS1). I'm going to assume it's a cable LS tranmsission.

tranny question

i bought a 91 civic hatch with a b16a the kid told me it has an LS tranny but alot of kids tell me its not heres the problem i have no tach and the serial numbers have been scrapped off i have a msd rev limiter set a 8000 so in 2 gear i go 2 64 and in 3 gear i got 2 about 95 alll the way 2 8000 i also tested if i have an LSD and when i peeel out i leave 2 tire treads i held the ebrake up an toook offf real quick im thinkin i either have a GSR tranny or an LS wit a slip differential wat do u guys think

lol, doing burnouts is not how you test for an LSD. My Accord can spin both tires too and it does not have an LSD.

As far as your numbers, the closest transmission to those numbers are a LS transmission.

iiight so i have a LS tranny ????? my boyz LS cant spin both tires tho cause he did the same thing held the e brake and peeeled outt thatz y i figured it waznt the samee.... so if i get a b16 tranny it would be faster ???

Back