HyDroLoCK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dotherockawear

I just bought a CAI for my 98 dx. Does hydrolocking happen a lot with a CAI? My friend had a AEM CAI for his 94 del and he said everytime he drove by a puddle, the next day shit would lock up. He had to put it and leave it in gear to get the motor cranking. My question is, is it worth it to buy the bypass valve? Does a motor ever never start again from hydrolocking if i hit a lake of a puddle? Any addtional info on this will be appreciated. Anyone have any good stories?

thanks
nick

I'm at a loss for words. :huh:

Just buy the bypass valve, or when it raings take the 20 seconds to take the bottom section of and run it as a short-ram.

Look at my intake system on my car. Its got a short ram running into a box that is routed to the outside of the car. It should never suck water unless I go diving with the car.

Here's an idea...when you put your cai on, be sure to replace all your splash guards in your wheel well and under your car. That helps immensely.

I've had my Injen CAI on my Si since like April and I've driven through some nice size puddles (of course I'm smart enough to put the clutch in and idle through them) without incident.

What I want to know is how your friend is hydrolocking the car and suddenly it runs again? :unsure:

Back