Hypocracy?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DAmn...Germany is still cheaper than Japan.....

They have to shell out $3500-3800 for their licences...

That's why my wife never learned to drive..

Originally posted by EGProject@Sep 21 2005, 12:15 PM
I personally think they should pass a national bill making it illegal of ANYONE to ___________ while driving. Make it safer for everyone.
[post=557702]Quoted post[/post]​

and that right there is the attitude that will get self driving cars on the market and eventually mandatory
and then we are all just going to be passengers, chaufered around by a computer driven car
wont THAT be fun :(

Here's a thought. Have a group of people spread out cross-country and whenever they see someone do something retarded on the road, they shoot out their tires. Give them some time to stop and think about what they did. :p

Originally posted by reckedracing+Sep 21 2005, 09:52 AM-->
its already illegal for anyone to use a cell phone while driving in NY, not just teens...

University of Utah researchers found last spring that teens and young adults on the phone while in a driving simulator reacted as slowly as elderly drivers not using a phone.

so what does this say for the elderly?
[post=557637]Quoted post[/post]​

I moved to Michigan from Illinois not that long ago, it was illegal in Illinois as well, but not illegal in Michigan I don't think.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Sep 21 2005, 10:15 AM
All cell phones should be banned while driving. I never answer my cell in the car (unless I'm on the highway). People need to learn to focus on driving while driving, not on whatever else they're doing.
[post=557650]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: I don't ever answer my phone while I'm driving, it just never ever seemed like a good idea to me.

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 21 2005, 10:42 AM
It's illegal in CT, NY and Massachussetts too (Well, everything is illegal in MA)

They had no difficulty passing it in any state, which surprises me. But, truth be known people only put the phones down when they see a Crown vic.
[post=557670]Quoted post[/post]​

That's very true also...all the time back in Illinois I would be talking to someone who was driving, and they would say "hold on a sec, cop" and put the phone down until they passed.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Sep 21 2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 21 2005, 11:50 AM
reckedracing
@Sep 21 2005, 10:52 AM
its already illegal for anyone to use a cell phone while driving in NY, not just teens...
[post=557637]Quoted post[/post]​

goes into effect in CT oct 1st.

hands-free only
[post=557675]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
shit is fucking hillarious... its only illegal to hold the phone to your ear while driving... speaker phone or a hands free headset is still perfectly fine
its stupid... oh so its only the act of holding a phone that is illegal... not the actual conversation that is distracting you from what is going on around you... lmao
more accidents are caused by people adjusting the climate controls or radio than by cell phones... so whats next no more radios???? no more climate control????
what about the large number of accidents caused by people who are distracted talking to their passenger??? gunna ban passengers???

flat out it is FAR to easy to get a license in this counrty
and once you have it there is no further checkups on your abilities

i think we need to go more towards how it is in germany
a license costs 2000 euro (about $2500)
the test is 2 weeks long... and they test you in every driving condition available in that time... highway, back road, city, day time, night time, rain, snow, whatever

and im not sure if they do this there or not.... but i think you should have to take a writen test EVERY time you get your license renewed, and a driving test every other

it amazes me the ammount of people on the road who literally dont know what the fuck they are doing

i hate how everything has to be dumbed down to the lowest common denominator... idiots keep burning themselves on hot coffee... so eventually we will only be able to get luke warm coffee in this country... it doesnt matter that you can handle your hot coffee... and its not about teaching the fucktard that keeps burning himself the right way to handle coffee... and there is no way that fucking moron is going to say "hey maybe i shouldnt be drinking hot coffee"... so it will be ruined and taken away from the rest of us, to accomodate the brain dead fucker that cant handle it
[post=557696]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm not sure I quite agree with all of that. It's very true that some people are just plain stupid and can't seem to handle basic tasks that the rest of us can do just fine, but then again, the task of driving well requires quite a bit of concentration, and I do think that there is a point where someone (even a reasonably intelligent person) can overload themselves with multitasking.

For example, my ex-girlfriend used to do her makeup while driving, and it often scared the crap out of me. And IT DID AFFECT HER DRIVING, it was quite obvious that her driving skills were impaired due to the multitasking. I've seen the same thing with people talking on cell phones, there's no denying that it will impair your driving abilities. Maybe some more than others, but it will happen to some degree...

So in that respect, I do see some merit to the banning of cell phone use while driving.

Oh, and also...all these fucktards cruising around talking on their phones must be driving automatics, because I know that there's no way in hell that I could drive my stick-shift car, and drive it safely and responsibly with a phone up to my ear...

you have no skills :lol: :p

you are one of the people who probably should not drive while talking on the phone... you understand and accept that... good for you :thumbsup:

most of the idiots out there are driving with one hand any way... so whats the difference whether the hand thats not on the wheel is holding a cell phone or jammed up their ass... its not holding the phone that is fucking up their driving... (shit holding a hot cup of coffee while driving takes more attention and skill than holding a cell phone)... its the conversation that they get all engulfed in and lose track of what the hell is going on around them... these people are equally if not more dangerous when they have someone in the car with them... because then they start talking to their passenger... the conversation will distract them... then these retards will actually turn to look at the person they are talking to.... these are the same people that we joke about not being able to walk and chew gum at the same time

then theres the other people that can drive standard while talking on the phone eating a burger while crotching a large soda and changing a CD, with absolutly no problems

we are rasing a culture of morons
right from the minute we get into kindergarten and instead of teaching you not to stab yourself in the fucking eye with the scissors, they hand you some blunt tipped, dull ass "safety scissors" that couldnt cut air even on a good day
like i said before... lowest common denominator
its truely sad :(

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Sep 21 2005, 02:42 PM
then theres the other people that can drive standard while talking on the phone eating a burger while crotching a large soda and changing a CD, with absolutly no problems
[post=557828]Quoted post[/post]​

standard + a foot long subway, while crotching the other 6" and not makgin a mess :p

but yeah, i could probably out drive 98% of the world while i'm above the legal drinking limit of .08 and talking on the phone at the same time

Driving stick while talking on the cell phone is possible. I've done it a few times when I absolutely couldn't call back. Driver skill is partially to blame. Most "Yuppie" female drivers aren't accostomed to the huge truck-like SUV's they drive, hence the bad road manners. I've yet to see a woman park an unusually large vehicle in a propper fashion. I learned how to drive on an extended-cab Silverado, and then downgraded to my Civic.
Highway driving is also where not concentrating on driving can screw you up. Too many people I've ridden with focus on the car directly in front of them, and whether or not theyre going fast enough. If someone slams on the brakes and swerves to avoid a traffic barrel, its only until the person infront of you sees it that you know it happened.

That's the biggest thing they taught my at InControl ADT - look around and always judge your surroundings. That bitch in the Tahoe is on the cell phone, and is weaving? Try and get around safely, or take it easy and stay a little ways back. Your lane changes should always be signaled, fast and crisp. Wavering between two lanes while you figure out what to do can get you pulled over or hit.
Since most of us drive standards, try to use downshifting as a way to slowly alter your speed. Peoples reactions can sometime be crazy when they see someone put on thier brakes. You may be slowing down about 5mph - but the lady in the minivan sipping a Latte' and wrangling 4 kids thinks your standing on the brakes.

Originally posted by EGProject@Sep 21 2005, 02:13 PM
Highway driving is also where not concentrating on driving can screw you up. Too many people I've ridden with focus on the car directly in front of them, and whether or not theyre going fast enough. If someone slams on the brakes and swerves to avoid a traffic barrel, its only until the person infront of you sees it that you know it happened.

That's the biggest thing they taught my at InControl ADT - look around and always judge your surroundings. That bitch in the Tahoe is on the cell phone, and is weaving? Try and get around safely, or take it easy and stay a little ways back. Your lane changes should always be signaled, fast and crisp. Wavering between two lanes while you figure out what to do can get you pulled over or hit.
Since most of us drive standards, try to use downshifting as a way to slowly alter your speed. Peoples reactions can sometime be crazy when they see someone put on thier brakes. You may be slowing down about 5mph - but the lady in the minivan sipping a Latte' and wrangling 4 kids thinks your standing on the brakes.
[post=557859]Quoted post[/post]​

yess!!! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Sep 21 2005, 05:08 PM
:werd:

flat out it is FAR to easy to get a license in this counrty
and once you have it there is no further checkups on your abilities

i think we need to go more towards how it is in germany
a license costs 2000 euro (about $2500)
the test is 2 weeks long... and they test you in every driving condition available in that time... highway, back road, city, day time, night time, rain, snow, whatever

and im not sure if they do this there or not.... but i think you should have to take a writen test EVERY time you get your license renewed, and a driving test every other

[post=557696]Quoted post[/post]​

Your Liscense is good for life, my wifes pic is from when she was 16. You should get it redone every 10 years, but no test. German drivers are a lot more skilled in general, they have their share of fucktards, but since I have been back, at least here in Corpus, we have a large retard population behind the wheel.

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 21 2005, 10:42 AM
It's illegal in CT, NY and Massachussetts too (Well, everything is illegal in MA)

They had no difficulty passing it in any state, which surprises me. But, truth be known people only put the phones down when they see a Crown vic.
[post=557670]Quoted post[/post]​

Almost Illegal in CT ... don't start till Oct...i think its stupid....but its not the end of the world....you can still use hands free sets, which of course good for the cell companies cause now they can make even more money

Back