1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hypothetical...CRX + B18C1 + supercharger = DD?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by ronintheoriginal, Feb 16, 2009.

1. ronintheoriginal

ronintheoriginal New Member

Hey guys,

Long time fan of Hondas, owned an 86 CRX way back in the day...ok, so it was only 9 years ago.

I will say that I did do some searching, didn't find any concrete answers...sorry if I didn't search hard enough.

I'm considering making a return (with an 88-91, of course), but with substantially more fun. After doing some research, I know that the CRX/B18C1/supercharger combination is quite possible, my question is on drive-ability. I'm not looking to build a rattling, caged, stripped out racer...I want something that I can drive to work every day in Phoenix, AZ. Which of course means that AC is a must. Is the above combination possible while maintaining this most important luxury? If not, what would be the best combination while maintaining drive-ability?

In the end, I know that a B18C1 by itself will put a smile on my face, just curious on the possibilities.

Thanks in advanced!

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

it's doable, but the more feasible option is a turbo b16. the power will be about the same, but it should fit a little easier.

3. ronintheoriginal

ronintheoriginal New Member

But my understanding is with a turbo setup, you'd lose the AC and have to use a half-size radiator...two things that don't mesh with AZ. I know that a supercharger would run hot, but at least I could have a full-size radiator (even a performance unit), since I'm not losing space to the turbo exhaust manifold. At least, that's the way it is with Full-Race kits...plus, waiting for a turbo to spool is not optimal.

I suppose a B16 with a supercharger would work nicely, though.

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

b16 w/ supercharger is nice.. you pick up that low end power that the b16 lacks.. and you have the high revving capability of the b16

5. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

and the b16 is a lot cheaper and easier to get in there too... as theres obd0 models.

6. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted