Hytech?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98EkSi

I am looking into the Hytech style header for my LS/Vtec. I have a 2.5 inch cat back and a stock LS cat with 4-2-1 header right now. Does the Tri-Y style remove the cat? If so will my cat back need to modified at all?

I have a tri-y and a 4-1 the tri y is longer to where it does eliminate the cat and will bolt up to your catback with no issues. the 4-1 does not it keeps the cat. i got a really great price on it as well if you looking for one. let me kno

Yeah I know about the standard 4-1 being made to bolt up to the cat. I was unsure about the Hytech style though. Much thanks.

Oh and it looks like the 3 bolt flange to the cat will need to replaced with a 2.5 inch 2 bolt flange so the exhaust will bolt to the header.

I'm ordering one for my swap, my understanding is it's a bit longer, and has a 2.5" collector. A stock cat will not fit, people seem to either run a test pipe to span the gap b/t the collector and the exhaust, this will have the 2 bolt flange on the header side, and the 3 bolt plate on the exhaust side, not very green, wouldn't do this personally. Or get a magnaflow (carsound line) cat that is shorter and have it fit up at the muffler shop. But I don't believe it is so long as to be a complete cat delete, however, there are many copies floating around of this design so I'm sure it varies.

Thanks for the info. I decided to keep my 4-2-1 header and cat insted of going with a Tri Y. My Civic being a DD I need to keep it legal.

Back