1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I ALMOST HAD IT :(

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by reikoshea, Nov 7, 2005.

1. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

Well my lude has been out of commission for a while due to an exhaust leak on the downpipe gasket. Basically the car was undriveable. We also replaced the O2 sensor and about ever ignition part you could think of.

When we put the manifold back on we had to helicoil one of the stud holes (torque spec for the mani is 20ft/lbs, not 43 like chiltons [shit] says). The heli coil worked well and took the torque for the manifold bolts. Then we super tigtened the down pipe bolts hoping to eliminate any exhaust leak until a suitable gasket can be located.

We are ready to start the car up, and after a jump (it has been sitting for over a month)....it doesnt start. My fuel pressure guage is reading 0. So i have a guy sit behind me and listen for the fuel pump...nothing.

The main relay is fine, and now i have to buy a new fuel pump...and still need new suspension bushings all around.

Do any of yall think putting the walbro unit in my tank with a stock ECU will be a problem, or should i go for a stock unit for an extra 30 bucks?

2. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

bushing's suck, I need em as well.

fuel pump installs suck, i did it already.

3. CoreyR

CoreyR Senior Member

you could put a 30 million gallon per hour pump in your car with the stock ecu and it wouldnt make a difference. all a bigger pump does is flows more fuel, thats what the FPR is there for.

4. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

cool. thats what i thought but i read the thread about the dude with the walbro getting a hundred psi...i didnt want/need that.

5. Domi31

Domi31 Member

The only reason I think im getting such a high ass Fuel Pressure i think my rubber hose is blocked and backing up pressure, like a kink in a water hose, a aftermarket fuel pump should be around 60psi I think.

6. CiViC_SOHC

CiViC_SOHC Senior Member

Hey if you need bushing all around hit up Local Shop (AEI performance) They are pretty cheap but I heard you need some kind of hydralic press to press the bushing in...Could be wrong...if he doesn't have a price on there email him or call him...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted