I ALMOST HAD IT :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Well my lude has been out of commission for a while due to an exhaust leak on the downpipe gasket. Basically the car was undriveable. We also replaced the O2 sensor and about ever ignition part you could think of.

When we put the manifold back on we had to helicoil one of the stud holes (torque spec for the mani is 20ft/lbs, not 43 like chiltons [shit] says). The heli coil worked well and took the torque for the manifold bolts. Then we super tigtened the down pipe bolts hoping to eliminate any exhaust leak until a suitable gasket can be located.

We are ready to start the car up, and after a jump (it has been sitting for over a month)....it doesnt start. My fuel pressure guage is reading 0. So i have a guy sit behind me and listen for the fuel pump...nothing.

The main relay is fine, and now i have to buy a new fuel pump...and still need new suspension bushings all around.

Do any of yall think putting the walbro unit in my tank with a stock ECU will be a problem, or should i go for a stock unit for an extra 30 bucks?

Quoted post[/post]]
Well my lude has been out of commission for a while due to an exhaust leak on the downpipe gasket. Basically the car was undriveable. We also replaced the O2 sensor and about ever ignition part you could think of.

When we put the manifold back on we had to helicoil one of the stud holes (torque spec for the mani is 20ft/lbs, not 43 like chiltons [shit] says). The heli coil worked well and took the torque for the manifold bolts. Then we super tigtened the down pipe bolts hoping to eliminate any exhaust leak until a suitable gasket can be located.

We are ready to start the car up, and after a jump (it has been sitting for over a month)....it doesnt start. My fuel pressure guage is reading 0. So i have a guy sit behind me and listen for the fuel pump...nothing.

The main relay is fine, and now i have to buy a new fuel pump...and still need new suspension bushings all around.

Do any of yall think putting the walbro unit in my tank with a stock ECU will be a problem, or should i go for a stock unit for an extra 30 bucks?

you could put a 30 million gallon per hour pump in your car with the stock ecu and it wouldnt make a difference. all a bigger pump does is flows more fuel, thats what the FPR is there for.

cool. thats what i thought but i read the thread about the dude with the walbro getting a hundred psi...i didnt want/need that.

The only reason I think im getting such a high ass Fuel Pressure i think my rubber hose is blocked and backing up pressure, like a kink in a water hose, a aftermarket fuel pump should be around 60psi I think.

Back