i already bought the stuff, but did i choose correctlly?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

portaman03

hey guys i already searched but... i have a set of tokico HP blues and also tein stech and tanabe df210 springs. trying to select the best setup for my 2001 civic ex, looking for a stance lowered around 2" and a lil stiffer than stock.

basically what i wanna know is: is this setup reliable? i heard that the HPs are basically OEM replacement and will blow out if lowered too much.. i wanna know if i can run the 1.5" dropp with the stechs or 1.8" drop with the tanabes... i heard tanabes are supposed to be some of the best springs out there.

Tokico Gas Shocks
Tanabe Racing Development, USA - DF210 Max Lowering Spring
S.TECH

or will the HPs blow? if they will blow i dont wanna run them... should i look into struts meant for lowered cars? how are dropzone struts?

i mean, i already have the HPs and both sets of springs in my possession, so i would rather not go through the hassle of selling them and buying new gear.

all opinons welcome!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be fine. The shocks of course won't last as long compared to using them with stock springs, but they won't die for quite a while still.

I think that the Tanabe springs are higher quality than the S.Techs, but at long as you got real Tein springs you should be perfectly fine. There are a lot of counterfeit Tein springs on the market, so be careful.

The shocks will last much longer on the Teins, but the Tanabes should still give you an ok ride.

I guess you could go with DropZones, but I've never heard anything good about them.

Most companies just don't want to warranty their stuff if you're lowered on them- but Tokico and KYB among others hold up very well with drop springs. I ran dropped about 2 inches on both KYB GR-2s (similar to HPs) and KYB AGX shocks, and the GR-2s are still going strong 40k miles later while the AGXs took 50k miles to let go after a heavier engine went in. Both shocks' warranties are void if you drop more than 1.5 inches. It's really up to you.

I dropped a civic 1.75" on KYB AGXs. didnt have any problems at all. That was with neuspeed sport springs. I cant say enough good things about neuspeed.

But your setup should be perfectly fine.

so are you guys in favor of the tanabe's on dropzone struts? theyre half the price of kyb agx which makes me wonder... anybody else have any opinions?

Here's my $0.02....
Dropzones sucks big hairy sweaty donkey balls.

Return them and cancel your appointment with the Chiropractor if you haven't already made one in anticipation of using the Dropzones.

That is all; Go Forth and Be Tuned

Here's my $0.02....
Dropzones sucks big hairy sweaty donkey balls.

Return them and cancel your appointment with the Chiropractor if you haven't already made one in anticipation of using the Dropzones.

That is all; Go Forth and Be Tuned

have you have experience with them?

heres the bottom line:
i want a drop between 1.5-2", stiffer than stock that the struts will not blow out
and i have about $600
cant afford true coilovers..

im in a rut, already have the tokico HP/tein stech/tanabe df210 at my disposal
im trying to use a combo of these but havnt heard too many good things.

so now i wanna sell everything and i should make about $500 back

thats $500 towards a new suspension with another $100 out of pocket = $600

considering how i want my ride to sit, what are my best options for a spring/strut combo for around $600?

im thinking kyb agx with neuspeed sport?

Back