I am about to get a 95 honda prelude, what motors can i put in there???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Shermdizzle

i am thinking of buyin a 94 prelude, but the engine is junk.
i've been lookin around and new engines are EXPENSIVE.
I would much rather buy an old honda with 94000 mi on it and a junk body and just take the engine than pay 1500 for a new one.
i have a friend that will put the engine in for me.
so, what engines will fit in there???
or, does anyone know where i can buy an engine (new, used, rebuilt) for around 500-1000 dollars??
thanks for the help

What engine is in it right now? The only engine that you're going to possibly be able to pick up for $500 is an F22 (single-cam motor, comes in the base Prelude). Other motors that will fit are the H23, and H22. Also pretty much any JDM F or H motor will fit (F20A/B, F22, which is pretty much the same thing as the US spec H23, and of course the H22). An H23/JDM F22 you might be able to nab for under a grand. An H22 however look to spend a grand probably, more if you want the transmission too.

Oh and just in case you were wondering, the S2000 motor (F2C or F22C) will not bolt in like the other F/H motors will.

I just picked up a F20A dohc non-vtec for 700 shipped. Its suppossed to be a replacement for the H23. 2.0l with 9.5:1 CR

Back