I am at a lose

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wht92teg

I have a few questions to put out there to everyone
1. Has anyone had experience with Innovative Products before? I was looking at the front crossmember that they offered and am curious to know if it is comparable to the Full-Race one.

2. Does anyone recommend an ignition of any sort? I was looking at the MSD SCI and am not quiet sure if it is needed for a ITR swap in my DA. I am not looking for extreme HP goals

any mods to the motor would be:
CTR intake cam
Spoon or Mugen headgasket
AEM Fuel Rail
Accel Injectors

thats probably it

any help is greatly appreciated
thanks

the ctr intake cam will be a definite improvement, as for the fuel rail and injectors....thats almost throwing money away. the stock honda fuel rail should be fine well up into the 500 hp range. The injectors will have to be changed if mods are continued, but the ctr intake cam doesnt merit that change.

As for ignition, the 6a or 6al with a blaster coil should be fine, there is no reason to throw money away on the sci.

not really sure about the cross member, sorry i cant help on that point.

thanks guys... main reason for the headgasket if to bump up the compression a little bit

as far as the ignition, i did some research and found a replacement coil (goes inside the distributor) which claims 30% more spark... thinking about that and nology hot wires

as far as injectors and fuel rail, i am going to go with your advice and say screw it, and just get mine cleaned up and that. reason to looking into new ones is due to the 200,xxx miles on my car and thinking that they were probably due to be changed or cleaned

thanks again :shocker:

thats why im getting new ignition IF i go with type s pistons...if i keep the stock bottom end, im keeping my stock ignition, i will not be anywhere close to needing the MSD if i keep my engine stock. Honda ignition is pretty reliable through most applications.

i'm keeping the ignition stock but i'm seriously looking into getting an MSD external blaster coil to replace the crappy internal one that gave up on me 30 miles away from home in the middle of rush hour....

Back