I AM "raffling" off my car...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't know the laws in your state, but in texas, a raffle can ONLY be held by a non-profit organization or church. Private citizens are not allowed to raffle items.

So, unless your state's laws are different, it would be illegal.

Anyone else afraid to be #1 or #2?
It's kinda like how if you pick a random number between 0 and 1000 the odds of hitting 1 or 2 seem alot lower than 764 or 332?

theres no limit of the number you can take!

BUY THEM ALL

YOU'RE ODDS WILL GREATLY INCREASE

so, how are you going to choose the lucky winner?

nevermind... jsut read the auction.

so you need that script huh?

i bought a ticket now... i'll probably buy another later on after more bids are made... 1 in the beg, 1 in the middle, 1 in the end :)

looks good to me. random enough anyway :p

are you goin to click it 5 times, or just the very first page load? lol not that it makes a difference....

i bought one too :) will buy more later like B

one problem i see. how will you keep track of who has what nuber. sure its easy to just count them up to like 20, but gets to be a bitch after that, especially if you get like hundreds of bids. ebay doesnt nuber the purchases, they just list them.

I reserve the right to end the auction early. If I don't not sell at least 300 spots, this will be a 50/50 auction (the winner gets half the $$, multiply the bids by 10 and divide by 2)

pretty good idea right there...

300 tickets = $3000

one problem i see. how will you keep track of who has what nuber. sure its easy to just count them up to like 20, but gets to be a bitch after that. ebay doesnt nuber the purchases, they just list them.

you only have to count through them once to find the winnner's ebay ID

yes but what if the nuber is something like 482. are you gonna count 482 lines on a computer screen? its very easy to loose you place trying to count that high while scrolling on a computer screen.

yes but what if the nuber is something like 482. are you gonna count 482 lines on a computer screen? its very easy to loose you place trying to count that high while scrolling on a computer screen.

paste it into a spreadsheet?
lol

i'll go post it on hondamarketplace.com

put a link in your sig too y0

Don't worry, I'll count it 30 times if I have to...(spreadsheets a good idea)

The "winner" will be the winner....f0 sh0

spreadsheet generally will post all cut/pastes into the first box so i would add the names to the boxes as you go...

haha, hondatech/hondamarketplace general for sale thread
also a post in vehicles for sale
and NY/NJ/PA vehicles for sale thread..

raffle on ebay

good deal, possible 50/50 if not enough buyers

opportunoity is knocking, will you open the door??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=8007408318

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=8007408318

Back