I AM "raffling" off my car...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'M ALREADY GETTING HATE MAIL!

"Item: 92-95 Civic hatchback FULL CAR, MODS, D16, B16, B18 JDM (8007408318)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
member345786 is a potential buyer.

you 1 funny guy fucking scammer who the heck want that piece ofshit car of yours hahahahha wow this is the funniest shit i ever seen "

DON'T H4TE ON A PL4YA

any hatemail you get just link them to this thread. im sure everyone here will vouch for you.

im debating buying a ticket, i just dont want to have to deal with shipping lol

craigslist won't let me do it because it links to a "commercial" website...

the bastards

heres a couple new pics (with the tint and a pic of the dash)

mypicz191.jpg

mypicz193.jpg

mypicz192.jpg

So, food for thought:

You are wide fucking exposed on your feedback. You may get 299 bad feedbacks from digruntled losers.. If you do sell 300, I'd be willing to bet you get at least 25 shitty feedbacks out of this.

We know you, so we can somewhat trust that you will be honest. Noone on ebay knows you. This is a problem. You should think about hiring a mutually trusted 3rd party for the number drawing. Random.com is a good idea, but noone can be secure in the idea that you could just rig it. If I didn't know you, I would laugh and move right the hell on.

I wonder if there is a mutually trustable 3rd party out there on the web somewhere who would be willing to do this for you.... Maybe for a fee.

And pissedoffsol won't work, we trust him, but again, noone on ebay knows him.

AND NOW THE KILLER..

This is taken straight out of Rhode Island Law:

Section 11-19-1 "every person not authorized who shall, directly or indirectly, set up, put forth, carry on, promote or draw, publicly or privately, any lottery, chance, game or device of any nature or kind whatsoever, by whatsoever name the same may be called, for the purpose of exposing, setting for sale or disposing of any money, houses, lands, merchandise or articles of value, or shall sell or expose to sale lottery policies, purporting to be governed by the drawing of any public or private lottery, shall sign or endorse any book, document or paper whatsoever, for the purpose of enabling others to sell or expose to sale, lottery policies, shall be deemed guilty of a felony and shall be imprisoned not exceeding two (2) years or be fined not exceeding two thousand dollars ($2,000)."

cLiCkY for complete law.

Congratz! you are now a felon. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

You really should look into these things a little better. :dunno:

no one on ebay knows anybody...

as for doing it in front of people, i'll do it in front of at 6 or 7 people (random people i don't know) who come into my work and i'll record the whole thing..

as for RI law...The cars in RI, but I'm not technically a RI resident (so says my license), and its not like i'm holding the "drawing" in RI per say (the internet doesn't reside in RI either).

we'll see what happens

hmm, did you sell the car?

i see the auction ended...

are you in jail now felon?

2 of the people who bid emailed me:

1 said "I'll be there tomorrow to pick the car up"

the other 1 said "I bought your car, how much to ship it to IL?"

then it email back and forth about actually reading the auction and how it wasn't for the car, then came the threats to report it to ebay and give me bad feedback...so before it got out of hand and I had even more morons to deal with, I bailed out.

plus my inbox was flooded (at least 75 emails) with people telling me they'll give me $500, $100, $20 for the car, and "whats wrong with the car?", and about 1000 other of the stupidest questions you'll ever hear.

good idea, but I guess the concept was a little over some peoples heads

Back