i am thinking of selling my civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Nov 11 2004, 09:36 AM
the sw20 is actually heavy(like 3000lbs ish); and has i think is called jerk oversteer. i raced a mr2 before, dont know if its turbo or not, but was able to beat it.... the sw20 looks better then the mrs; but i think the mrs has better performance.
[post=415232]Quoted post[/post]​

http://www.import-heaven.net/specs_toyota_mr2_turbo.shtml

2822 lbs.

Jerk oversteer? Try lift throttle oversteer.

Battle Pope, MR2 turbo = 3S-GTE...

The MR2 will punish the bad driver and reward the good driver. Keep that in mind...

on the mr2 forums they say it weighs closer to around 3000lbs :shrug2: there is also a dude; has 2 mr2s; jekyl and hyde, managed to shave off about 400lbs total i think off a sw20 mr2. even then, most of the goal weight the mr2 people go for(atleast on mr2oc.com) is around ~2700lbs

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Nov 11 2004, 07:35 PM-->
@Nov 11 2004, 09:36 AM
the sw20 is actually heavy(like 3000lbs ish); and has i think is called jerk oversteer.  i raced a mr2 before, dont know if its turbo or not, but was able to beat it....  the sw20 looks better then the mrs; but i think the mrs has better performance.
[post=415232]Quoted post[/post]​

http://www.import-heaven.net/specs_toyota_mr2_turbo.shtml

2822 lbs.

Jerk oversteer? Try lift throttle oversteer.

Battle Pope, MR2 turbo = 3S-GTE...

The MR2 will punish the bad driver and reward the good driver. Keep that in mind...
[post=415619]Quoted post[/post]​

I have seen them punish good drivers too. They have some serious "snap" oversteer. Once the back end starts sliding good luck trying to recover. My former boss had one, this guy does a lot of road racing, he said for daily driving it was a decent car. He also said it is the opposite of a honda as you are constantly trying to correct the oversteer problem. Once he started modifying the car, he had less problems, but that car loved to spin no matter what the situation. He sold the car and bought another first gen RX-7 race car, and is much happier.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Nov 10 2004, 12:43 PM
toyota(except supra)=bad honda=good steer toward the light. just make your hatch faster than everyone elses. then you would be the guy that people go " hey isnt that the guy with the really fast hatch?"
[post=414859]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow... wow. I get tired of morons with room temperature I.Q. bashing anything but "their" make of car. Grow up and get some taste.

thats too bad you are staying with your hatch, mr2's are fun cars. the only bad thing ive heard about them is the motor....working on them is a bitch. and something about blown head gaskets...

the one i was told about had an ugly ass kit on it and it didn't look good. it needed more things to make it go faster then my civic....

Back