i am troubled

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
i have been driving my 90 teg with an lsvtec for about three weeks. .20 bore, decked the block, b16 pistons, b16 head, b16 tranny. my friend wants to sell me gsr cams for 65.00 is it worth it? will i see any gains? and can i keep my stock springs? i tried searching but came up with mixed signals. :worthy: thanks

I'm assuming by b16 head that you have b16 cams in there, so if you get GSR cams you will see a slight increase in power... for 65 bucks, I'd be all over it.

If you upgrade to gsr cams, you will not need to upgrade the valvetrain, because the gsr cams have a mild profile; you will not float a valve unless you hit like 10k by accidentally downshifting instead of upshifting. For 65 bucks, I'd do it. 65 and about an hour or so of installation for maybe 10 ponies would satisfy me.

i was wondering if 240cc rc itr injectors are a goodidea for 40 bucks

what would be the best injector size for my lsvtec my cr is in the 11.7-11.8 i have b18a block decked, pr3 pistons .20 over. b16 head milled,gsr cams, lightened fly wheel,b16 tranny

also should i install a knock sensor?where and how? i am using a pr4 obd0 ecu

The pr4 doesn't have an input for a knock sensor. Your best bet is to just not jump on vtec until your car is warmed up. I don't know how the VAFC works, which I am assuming you are using to engage vtec, but maybe you can hook up a temp sensor that will keep the motor from engaing vtec until the motor is warmed up. I dunno.

Back