I apologize before i make this post

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, um...i went out today totally psyched to buy a tibgtv6 or an se-r spec v...i said to myself, and to my dad (who helped me shop), i want a FOREIGN (my dad is totally against foreign) MANUAL car...well, somehow Satan overtook my mind...i got the exact opposite...a domestic automatic car :ph34r: don't know what i was thinking...but it's a nice lookin little car, and has a smooth-ass ride...pics up soon...2004 Dodge Stratus SXT...it has 12k miles on it and they sold it to me in pretty much new condition for 16k...i think that it is going to be better on my budget, and i have my whole life ahead of me to make more money and buy that bad-ass foreign car i've been wanting, plus insurance is cheap for this car. i do love foreign cars, i do, but this car just fits in better w/ what i need/want right now as far as budget. i'm thinkin i can do some serious building of it tho and make it bad-ass...anyways, here's some specs:

2.4-liter I-4 engine
147 hp @ 5,500 rpm
155 ft-lbs. @ 4000 rpm
Front Suspension Type MacPherson strut
Stabilizer Bars front and rear
City 21 mpg.
Highway 28 mpg.

sorry :worthy:

i c your point...i didn't think i'd find anyone really enthusiastic about it...i'm expecting a lot of "ehhh"s from here...but it was just a better fit and i really like the look and the potential...

I think they're aight.

I don't know about 16k aight, but they're nice if that matters.

they didn't have auto, and i need a car yesterday...i wish it was manual...but nothin i can do about it now, papers are signed...but all my salary will do now is go up, i'll have my foreign manual soon enough ;)

Congratulations. Take care of it and it will treat you well. Or you could strap a turbo on like the Neon does and make a ton of power... turn that torque converter into mush.

:lol:

Originally posted by Calesta@May 15 2004, 08:16 PM
Congratulations. Take care of it and it will treat you well. Or you could strap a turbo on like the Neon does and make a ton of power... turn that torque converter into mush.

:werd: however dodge didn't just strap the turbo onto the SRT4...they built the motor/transmission specifically for boost from the ground up.

Originally posted by revolution8k+May 16 2004, 03:33 AM-->
@May 15 2004, 08:16 PM

:werd: however dodge didn't just strap the turbo onto the SRT4...they built the motor/transmission specifically for boost from the ground up.

Actually, they used the same parts they have been using on the turbo version of the motor in Mexico for years. They didn't make anything new.

i dont care if they put a hemi into the SRT-4.... its still a dodge neon... thats all that matters to me... just wait till the first one hits 100k itll be dead justlike the rest of em.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+May 16 2004, 05:19 AM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@May 16 2004, 03:33 AM
Calesta
@May 15 2004, 08:16 PM
Congratulations.  Take care of it and it will treat you well.  Or you could strap a turbo on like the Neon does and make a ton of power... turn that torque converter into mush.

Actually, they used the same parts they have been using on the turbo version of the motor in Mexico for years. They didn't make anything new.

well yeah, it's a parts bin motor, but it was pulled from a parts bin of forged parts.

Originally posted by driverunknown@May 16 2004, 03:49 AM
You have a better car now with warranty. Be happy. I hated the taurus anyway.

yeah i did hate my taurus, and i'm glad i got a car w/ bumper to bumper for a couple more years and powertrain for 4 more after that...so i'm definitely happy with the car, i'm just gonna put some work into it to make me ecstatic :D

now you just gotta PM pissedoffsol to change your name..

SXTDriver?
YeahIdriveaSXT?
SXT4Ever?
DodgeStratusSXT?

hrmm

hey man, whatever floats your boat...but man, only 147 hp? i thought the stratus had more than that, thats a pretty big car. for 16, i think i would have gone for a new mazda 3...those things are cheap, and pretty nice imo...

Back