I bent my wookie (brake issue)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

Alright so I picked up a new set of FRONT rotors and pads for my 95 civc at autozone. I installed them, and now I have a small squeek from the REAR brakes whenever I release the brake pedal from the down position. When I was installed the brakes and compressing the caliper piston some brake fluid leak out of the cap on the reservoir. My best guess is that I have air in the system, what do you all think?

Yeah my first thing i would do is bleed your break lined if you already havent done so already. Nut maybe it is time for your pads to be changed on the back? Have you checked them lately?

Bleeding the brakes wont get rid of a squeak. Though it is a good idea to bleed/flush the system when you do the brakes, it wont help with a squeak. Also, the fluid is always going to come out of the reservoir when you do brakes, your pushing the piston back in, and that fluid has to go somewhere. Just make sure you clean it off with brake cleaner, cuz it will eat any painted surface it touches.

So check your rear brakes, they probably need to be changed if they are making noise. Dont forget to cut or replace the rotors at the same time.

-Chris

Back