I blew the eninge in the crx tonight :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jeef

NO MA'AM
VIP
I was driving home from Si-steve's house tonight and it was raining very heavy. I was driving and the engine was acting funny and had hardly any power. I kept driving to make it home, I don't care about the engine since I have been having problems with it lately. I have a y8 block and and a z6 at home to swap in and I want to get rid of the car. It was foggy, I mean maybe 50 feet visibility on some country roads in Burlington and I went through a puddle. All the sudden the car starts shaking and makes some noise. Then the oil light comes on. I said fuck it and keep going since I was about 5 miles from home. All the sudden I hear parts from the engine flying around the enigne compartment. The car is still driving and I make it about two miles. The car dies on going up hill on a road with no street lights, no cell phone service, and no houses on it. I start running home since its about 3 miles from home. Then this fine girl in a bmw m3 4dr picks me up. I suck and didn't make a move on her since it was I was pissed about the car. (I should have since the girl I was dating just decided to stop calling me back) I had to wait for an hour on this dark street with my truck waiting for the tow home.
Now I need to decided what to do with the car. I had a buyer, hopefully he will still want it.
This week has been hell.
Cliff
Hydrolocked the crx engine
car died on some hick road with no streetlights or cell phone service
Hot girl in a 4dr m3 gives me a ride home
Waited for over an hour for a tow truck to get my car
Got home at 130 and have to be at work for 7
My life sucks

You now need to change your sig to "CRX : Looks like shit, doesn't run." lol. I feel your pain.

that sucks mang. sorry

Crappy man I know the experience, I have yet to do it in my car, but I have been sitting shotgun while it happened to my buddies wifes car.

3 holes???? lol

at least it went out with a bang

:(

Think of it as a sign...Now get a better honda, without massive "speed holes" (rust)

How the hell did you get 3 holes in the block?

Why weren't you driving the truck to Steves?

:doh:

Did you get the girl's name or number at all? :)

Swap in the Z6 and sell the sucker... or build up the Z6 dirt cheap and have some fun.

Originally posted by Jeef@May 25 2004, 01:07 AM
Then this fine girl in a bmw m3 4dr picks me up. I suck and didn't make a move on her since it was I was pissed about the car. (

and you didnt even get her number that really was a bad night :violin:

It does sucks that I didn't get the number. I do know where she lives. I might just go up there one night.
I'll have the damage pics tomorrow. I can see the crank from right below the header.

Any CT guys want to hepl with an engine swap this weekend?

Cool- you know where she lives. :thumbsup:

Just go up there at like 7pm or something and ask her out- if she's not there, leave a note or something. Don't stalk.

:)

Post pics of the engine!

Originally posted by Jeef@May 25 2004, 03:51 PM
It does sucks that I didn't get the number. I do know where she lives. I might just go up there one night.
I'll have the damage pics tomorrow. I can see the crank from right below the header.

everyone's going to Ji's this weekend except me... cuz i have to work, and i gotta finish my own car...

bad timing y0.

maybe next week?

Originally posted by Jeef@May 25 2004, 02:51 PM

Any beer on hand and a ride back to my place?

I'll let you guys know. I am looking at some cars this afternoon. I found a civic std for 800 bucks so I might just strip the crx and put the parts on the civic. I am also looking at other kinds of cars now, but everything I want is going to cost me as much in gas as the truck does. I drive a minimum of 400 miles a week and the new girl lives an hour away so that will be going up too. This weekend would be better for me since I hate driving the truck every day since it costs a fortune to drive and a big truck isn't as fun in the corners as the crx was.

Mike I don't think that I am going to try that unless the new girl pisses me off within the next week or so.

A new girl? Well, you would have just met her, right? Leave a note on this girl's door as a letter of thanks or something- that way she'll remember you better if/when you come back later. Just make sure you only do it if she knows you know where she lives.

:lol:

Damn only 400 miles a week? I drive 1000 a week and only get 20mpg in the truck... expensive as hell. Trucks are fun to drift, trust me.

:lmao:

my civic swap get 28 mpg it get 30 plus when i stay out of vtec

"Hey I really appreciate you helping me out like this. Let me buy you dinner some time as a way to say thank you."

After you say that she would tell you "don't worry it was nothing." =)

=)

At least you could say you tried. =)

Back