I Bought my first honda HELP!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

firstcrx

i bought an 89 crx with 206,000 miles on it, it has oil in 2 of the cylinders, it runs hot, the radiator cap doesnt fit good, my timing belt is paper thin, my head gasket seal is leaking which is why there is oil in two of the cylinders, i was told i need a water pump i had a start up issue yesterday, it would start to crank almost turn over and then just not quite make it, it was like 99% catching almost cranked and it just wouldnt go, im missing my a/c compressor, and when i got the car the radiator was bone dry, i found three gallons of water in the back (im not stupid) so obviously there was a leak, and those are my problems as of 2 days into my purchase i plan to replace the gasket cover and all the spark plugs together myself tomorrow, as well as buy a new cap for my radiator, as for the distributor and timing belt and water pump, i bought a haynes manual.... im thinking about going in myself, i have had 350 chevy engines my whole life, i want some punchiness so im switchin to tuner, any suggestions?

Firstcrx,
First of all, excellent chassis choice :) Now for the motor, this all depends on what your goal is. Are you looking to gain some experience with building honda motors, or do a swap, or have a relatively stock daily driver? These cars have so much potential... I'm almost done building mine and I'll tell you from experience, my crx puts my 81 Trans am with a SBC400 to shame!

Jeez, sounds like you got your wrk cut out for ya. Dat Haynes manual will be the best money you ever spent! Plenty of Honda manuals free for download over on Hondahookup.com. If you didn't want to keep that stock motor and throw a heap of money and time at it you could always go B-series. Fantastic engine for a fantastic chassis!!

fix the motor and obtain the experience.

If I were you i would take the motor out and work comfortably.
the pumps and timing are super easy with the motor out.

While you're at it you change the VC gasket and oil pan gasket.
All gaskets are super cheap from Auto-zone so you are good there. :)

good luck and congrats!

Need Help plzzzzzz

Hey Guys Im Kinda New To Honda This Is What Im Working Plz Dont Hate Just Need Help I Have A CRX DX With A SI Swap but the head is bad on the si so can i put my b2 head on the si and will it work its still dpfi so will it work plz help

Back