I can barely move my arms

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by dohch22a4@May 5 2004, 12:25 AM
Yeah, James, not all of us can pull off the crackhead chic like you. :lol:

hahahahha its like on family guy when that model was on the show forgot what model it was but she was like paper and when she turned sideways you could not see her =)

Originally posted by jeffie7+May 5 2004, 12:58 AM-->
dohch22a4
@May 5 2004, 12:25 AM
Yeah, James, not all of us can pull off the crackhead chic like you. :lol:

hahahahha its like on family guy when that model was on the show forgot what model it was but she was like paper and when she turned sideways you could not see her =)

lol Man I haven't seen that show in a while. but when I turn sideways I can still be seen. :p

Originally posted by jeffie7@May 4 2004, 09:19 PM
I love feeling sore. It's IMO one of the best feelings after working out.

It's my bodys way of saying I did a good job.

Being sore is the best. I like it because I know I did good.

I have been working out since november. When I started working out, I could do 160 on the bench. Now, I do sets of 10 @ 190lbs about 4 times a day. (and other things)

6'1" @ 185. I havent lost any weight, but I also haven't gained any.... :shrug2:

Originally posted by jeffie7@May 4 2004, 11:19 PM

hell no.

i hate it.

first two months are the worst for me.

i just like working out every single day, and not feeling any pain at all....thats when im in my prime shape.

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous+May 5 2004, 01:26 PM-->
@May 4 2004, 09:19 PM

Being sore is the best. I like it because I know I did good.

I have been working out since november. When I started working out, I could do 160 on the bench. Now, I do sets of 10 @ 190lbs about 4 times a day. (and other things)

6'1" @ 185. I havent lost any weight, but I also haven't gained any.... :shrug2:

Yeah while you're sore as all hell, try working a 10-11 hour day...that's not the ebst feeling in the world, especially when you're sore all over and you have to keep getting in and out of your car.

Just a tip,

shoulders should be done on a separate day from bench. Chest/back can be combined, as well as biceps/triceps, but shoulders should really only be combined with traps (shrugs) or maybe legs if you can recover quickly. Doing shoulders with chest could lead to some serious damage to the muscle in the front of your shoulder, which you'll notice can be a bit sore just after chest day, never mind doing em both on the same day.

anyhoo, have fun at the gym :p

I did Chest first, then dips and militaries. Full Range of motion for the front. After that, shrugs. Next I did light weight lifts to the front and sides. Fatigue without overstraining. Yeah, enough to make me sore. I follow each workout with a run on a Elliptical trainer, "Star Trac". I did a 14 minute run, plus a two minute cool down. Not bad for an ex smoker. Week two, and that was four minutes longer than the previous week. There are several programs and intensity levels. I am currently using "Alpine Pass" on level 3. I love that thing. Like running but easier on the body x4238%

I appreciate your advice. I very rarely get seriously hurt, during any lifting. I always practice good form. I've taken eight weight training and fitness lab classes at my local college. On top of that, my best friend has a Five year Kinesiology degree from WSU.

I am curious how you would setup a four to five day a week routine. I was thinking something like this:
  • Monday: Chest, Shoulders, Cardio
  • Tuesday: Biceps Triceps, Forearms, Light Ab work, Cardio
  • Wednesday: Back. Rows, Pulldowns, Reverse fly's, etc. Cardio
  • Thursday: Legs. Hipsled, curls, girlie machines, shins, cardio
  • Friday: Lower torso. Abs, Obliques, lower back, hip flexors, cardio

Back