i can get an ls tomorrow for 200$

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMBurna

ok, i know this guy with a totalled 96 integra ls. is t boned in the rear. he will sell it to me for 400$ and my girls brother is willing to put half cause he wants the seats and front end. i would take the ls motor tranny harness and ecu. my question is this. how much better is the gs-r block compared to the ls block? if i use the ls block with the gsr head, will that be a good setup if i change the internals and go for 400 horses? or would it be cheaper in the long run for me to just stick with the gsr swap(wich costs around 3k)?i mean if im gonna rebuild the bottem end of the gsr block anyway then would there even be a difference wich block i use or is the gsr one stronger?i know the gsr head has better air flow but i could just get one on ebay for like 500-600$. how hard is it to swap it onto the ls block? anyway let me know what you recomend

and yea i know i would need to get the ls vtec conversion kit. basically i wanna know. if im going for 400 whp...can i reach that goal for less money if i go with the ls block and gsr head? or am i better off just paying the extra money and going with the full gsr motor

Quoted post[/post]]
and yea i know i would need to get the ls vtec conversion kit. basically i wanna know. if im going for 400 whp...can i reach that goal for less money if i go with the ls block and gsr head? or am i better off just paying the extra money and going with the full gsr motor

just my 2 cents ..........but if you are going to rebuild the bottom end anyways then i would get the ls for 200 bones and rebuild it. No need to spend three grand on a gsr swap then pay the $$$ for the rebuild to. And further more i would go all ls......rebuild bottom end, full head job, and turbo it.

but the gsr bottom end is alot better in my opinion, you get the block girdle, oil squiters and a slightly shorter stroke which isnt as hard on the revs. along with an oil cooler, which i dont even know how good it works, along with all the gsr goodies such as oil pump, water pump. i got my gsr bottom end for 300. if you wanted to you could also build up a gsr motor for cheaper than buying the complete block if you get the head adn bottom end seperate, like 300 for the bottom end and maybe 4-500 for the head. but its all up to you, but for 2 bills i would get that car ne ways.

hope i helped,
kyle

Quoted post[/post]]
but the gsr bottom end is alot better in my opinion, you get the block girdle, oil squiters and a slightly shorter stroke which isnt as hard on the revs. along with an oil cooler, which i dont even know how good it works, along with all the gsr goodies such as oil pump, water pump. i got my gsr bottom end for 300. if you wanted to you could also build up a gsr motor for cheaper than buying the complete block if you get the head adn bottom end seperate, like 300 for the bottom end and maybe 4-500 for the head. but its all up to you, but for 2 bills i would get that car ne ways.

hope i helped,
kyle

that's exactly why i said to go with the ls....$200.00 START OUT PRICE...!!!!
your way at least $800.00 before you start your build not to mention that vtec prices are a lot higher then the non vtec counters.....!

ok thanks for the input. i was gonna buy it anyway cause it was so cheap even if i just want to resell it for me. but i dont know i might rebuild it i have to look into it more though

lawrence,mass. i see them selling the complete swap on ebay for like 750$ +shipping so im thinking i ca sell it for like 500$ in the streets. hey if oyur interested i would really like that crx shell lol

yea.. just buy it.. you can always resell it and make a little $$

thats what im saying, but that shit ne ways, and if ne thing just resale it. you can get at 200 for an ls real quick. . . not to mention you can part out the rest of the car and sell lil things here and there. you can sell almost any part off a honda and make money off of it.

Back