i can't believe walmart

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

honestly, i think the best thing would be to put that woman out of her misery...
this never would have happened if everyone carried a firearm

wtf is point of having health insurance if you just have to pay it all back. might as well not even have the policy. i thought that was the point of insurance. if something unexpectd happens, you are covered cause you pay into it every month or whatever.

wtf is point of having health insurance if you just have to pay it all back. might as well not even have the policy. i thought that was the point of insurance. if something unexpectd happens, you are covered cause you pay into it every month or whatever.
because wal-mart shouldn't have to pay for someone else's negligence. wal-mart paid for everything initially, then they should get re-imbursed when the settlement clears. the family would be getting paid twice for the accident. it's very reasonable if you look at it that way.

what should have happened was that wal-mart got money, the family got money, then the lawyers get paid. the settlement should have paid out far more than it did. this wouldn't be an issue if it was $2million rather than $1million.

most legal fees are 30-35%.
then there's court fees, all the title fees, and all that
then there's taxes on the income.

the layers didn't get 583. they got probably 300

no taxes on injury settlements

Hey I am not saying this situation doesn't suck, but I have always read all the policy info on all of my wifes and mine insurance policies. You always have to read that fine print to know what the insurance or company is going to fuck you out of.

Sam Walton hasn't really owned Walmart since his 4th store. The chain is owned by NorInCo, the North Chinese military.

I avoid that place anyway.

Sam Walton hasn't really owned Walmart since his 4th store. The chain is owned by NorInCo, the North Chinese military.

I avoid that place anyway.
I'd love to avoid that place also, but unfortunately their concept of undercutting and running the local stores out of business is very effective, leaving not much of a choice. I try to head to local places if possible, or at least to Target, but it's nearly impossible to cut out Walmart 100% and pay decent prices somewhere else.

Internet shopping is the wave of the future. I now view all stores as merely a place to go and finger all of the items, before going home and ordering them online.

Walmart didn't kill the little guy, the internet did. The little guy needs to stop worrying so much about a brickj and mortar presence and alittle more about efficient shipping and packing.

The company I work for now, is turned on to this way of thinking. Our retail front-end looks like an office. We do PC repair and have NO inventory. It's not worth it. Our competitors look more like "pc repair houses" because they have shelves loaded with shit that no one ever touches. They buy tech when it's high and continue trying to sell it to people as high.

This place is going to make it because when someone needs hardware, we quote them for a "here and now" price, with our fingers on the "Check out" button. Then we are open about the 3 day or so shipping times, and our customers couldn't be happier. This is how, I feel, auto mechanic shops should be run.

And I'm trying to start a shop that runs like that, so no more details for you !

South Park proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Walmart is evil...

Seriously though,

Losing mental capacity like that is something that never heals for anybody. I recently buried my aunt who died of alzhiemers. It wasn't like I could have even said goodbye because she slipped away so gradually. In the end it wasn't even her that died. The only closure i could find was putting on my uniform and bearing her casket to the grave. In the end we all turned from the plot and walked away, it as all we could do.

Capitalism is not called humanism for a reason...

When I got my settlement for my car accident, I had to pay my insurance company back for my surgery and some doctor visits. This was after the lawyer took his 33%. She did get fucked by the lawyers. She should have gotten atleast 600,000. I fail to see a couple hundred thousand in court fees. The lawyer should have also known how much she owed to the insurance company and sued accordingly. My lawyer knew what my expenses were before he even attempted to settle. If the lawyer cared that much he would have worked probono (sp).
I am surprised that they did not try to negotiate with the health care providers for a lower rate.

Internet shopping is the wave of the future. I now view all stores as merely a place to go and finger all of the items, before going home and ordering them online.

exactly.. if i find something i want i'll check it out in person at the store or whatever.. then find the best deal online..

Walmart didn't kill the little guy, the internet did. The little guy needs to stop worrying so much about a brick and mortar presence and a little more about efficient shipping and packing.

Even Walmart's internet sales are coming up. They even made their internet/website sales a separate entity--Much like they did their trucking company, their Distribution Centers, and their real estate division. They are very strategic in their purchases and business structure. They acquired McClanes (sp) back in the late 80's or early 90's, and sold it a few years ago. While they owned them, they owned a good chunk of the distribution of their products, while saving money by using their own trucking.

While they do offer good prices on somewhat quality products, their business practices on the individual store levels leaves something to desire. On paper, the company is great. On the individual treatment of associates and certain communities, they tend to lack. But like any business, they are out for the bottom line. If it does not get them good publicity or put money in their pockets, they are not interested.

In my opinion, they are getting a little big for their britches. It's only a matter of time before they start competing with themselves. But the consumers are all about the bottom line too--as long as they can maintain a standard of living by saving money where they can, Walmart will continue to flourish.

My .02.

Everyone either thinks walmart is the best store ever, or it's evil. The only things I buy there are video games and they're the same price as everywhere else, just that walmart's closer to me.

I don't care really about the small places being run out of business. What gets me is that every fucking thing here is made in some other country because we're all trying to modernize the whole damn world. I say let them do it on their own, because when they start modernizing, they start buying oil and raising gas prices. Not to mention, all those Chinese/Taiwan/Mexican motherfuckers running all the manufacturing facilities for our shit are just taking more AMERICAN jobs that should be ours. Or rather we gave it to them. Us and our fucking trying to change the world and everything, when our own economy is declining and we're like what, a trillion dollars in debt? And our unemployment rate is higher than it's been in how many years?

Hey I am not saying this situation doesn't suck, but I have always read all the policy info on all of my wifes and mine insurance policies. You always have to read that fine print to know what the insurance or company is going to fuck you out of.
what's the point, it's not like most people could afford the same level of coverage purchasing their own coverage, especially when working at walmart. walmart = not enough money to live on, too much money for welfare = rock and a hard place.

The Middle Class illusion...

What you have to understand is this, we need foreigners to make our goods so that americans can afford to buy them, that is how the game works. If we had to pay americans the minimum wage to produce our goods then the cost would come out on the other end. At that point you would have the entire middle class disappear instantly as they could no longer afford the basic items that we take for granted. We would go straight to the rich and the poor and the whole smoke and mirror show would be shown for what it is. This is also why the nation can't function without all the illegals that work here.

The guy in India that made your stuff probably can't afford to purchase the shoes that he just made. I can't imagine what people get paid to produce the goods that they can afford.

What you have to understand is this, we need foreigners to make our goods so that americans can afford to buy them, that is how the game works. If we had to pay americans the minimum wage to produce our goods then the cost would come out on the other end. At that point you would have the entire middle class disappear instantly as they could no longer afford the basic items that we take for granted. We would go straight to the rich and the poor and the whole smoke and mirror show would be shown for what it is. This is also why the nation can't function without all the illegals that work here.

The guy in India that made your stuff probably can't afford to purchase the shoes that he just made. I can't imagine what people get paid to produce the goods that they can afford.
Some good points in there that make sense.

I don't care really about the small places being run out of business.

Why don't you care about small business? I would rather go to a local hardware store than Home Depot. The guys at the hardware store are willing to help you, know where everything is, and are most of the time knowledgeable. Try going to HD, trying to find someone who even wants to talk to you, finding someone who knows what they are talking about (I know there are people who do, but trying to find them can be a bitch). The hardware store might be a buck or two more but it saves time not only because its ten minutes closer. I also save a gallon of gas. Most of the time the small business is more specialized, has better quality, and the customer service is much better. It provides more jobs. If there were no local guys then we would all be working for the big corps making minimum wage and getting no benefits.
IF you don't care about small business remember when you want to go out to eat. If the small guys are gone you are stuck with fast food and chain restaurants. While most chains are decent, I would rather get a steak at at a mom and pop place than Chili's.

Why don't you care about small business? I would rather go to a local hardware store than Home Depot. The guys at the hardware store are willing to help you, know where everything is, and are most of the time knowledgeable. Try going to HD, trying to find someone who even wants to talk to you, finding someone who knows what they are talking about (I know there are people who do, but trying to find them can be a bitch). The hardware store might be a buck or two more but it saves time not only because its ten minutes closer. I also save a gallon of gas. Most of the time the small business is more specialized, has better quality, and the customer service is much better. It provides more jobs. If there were no local guys then we would all be working for the big corps making minimum wage and getting no benefits.
IF you don't care about small business remember when you want to go out to eat. If the small guys are gone you are stuck with fast food and chain restaurants. While most chains are decent, I would rather get a steak at at a mom and pop place than Chili's.
I dont' know if you come from a small town, but i grew up in a town of less than 2,000 people. now that i got out to the real world and realized how they are hosing us.

having a higher overhead means they are required to have a higher profit margin. higher profit margins require a higher cost of goods to the consumer.

it's not just hardware stores. pharmacies, hardware, food. it's all more expensive. now some people are willing to bite the bullet and support the little guy, but i'm not.

my mother bought a mountain bike local last week and paid something like $700 plus they charged her shipping. if she would have went to portland, she could have bought it for $550. She realizes that she got screwed.

I would rather go buy my stuff at wal-mart and pay pennies above cost than pay 20% more at the local pharmacy or rite-aid.

Werd. Small businesses are the only place you can really find knowledgeable people. Usually at the box stores you have some dickhead high school kid who gets paid min wage to find any way possible to kill his time on the clock and keep from helping people. That's exactly what I see every time I walk into home depot or best buy.

Back