I cant stand...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if i go into a restaurant and its about to close i normally beef up the tip alot unless the waitress/waiter is a real asshole

I'll usually go to a diner instead. Or hit up Taco Bell or something.

If I really want to eat there, I'll tip pretty big. I tip pretty big already. "Tipper Karma"-If I tip big I'll get tipped big.

What do you expect to do on this farm? Who is the OWNER of this farm?

I remember working for my dad back in the 70-80's on our FARM, Getting up at 05:30 cutting, rolling, stacking sod on the trucks, THEN having breakfast all to come back and have my dad sell off 50-100yds to someone who just pulled up.. Then having to call the customers that you PROMISED to be there and ask for more time (to go and cut more). Because if you didn't work, you didn't eat.

Or not having a lunch because you sent your workers off to eat and you were the only one there when people 'show up' and want _______.

Or having your gloves freeze to the loader control because you HAVE TO plow through 4+' of snow-drifts JUST TO GET TO THE BARN, then TRY and start the equipment in -60 below weather because if You didn't, the "workers" sure the heck won't and if you didn't work and make some money that day, you DIDN'T eat..
Or having to build a fire (wait till it got to red-coals) to pull under the oil pan of the tractor just to heat up the oil and have a pair of hand held propane torches heating the injector pump and lines to un-gell the lines to see if MAYBE it's gonna start. then run the coals around the hydraulic res to warm the oil or else it could blow a line and waste your oil and have to pay for another line to be CUSTOM made.
Or having to shovel out the piles of wood and start busting them apart (because they froze together) with a 12-16lb sledge to get them to fit on the splitter rail/ram. Because if you didn't make money that day, you couldn't pay bills..

Or learning to drive by the age of 6 with 4x4 blocks attached to the peddles of the tractors so we could reach them and shift/control the equipment. Because it was cheaper to have us do the mowing rather than have a hired hand be just sitting all day.. Because if you didn't do YOUR SHARE, your siblings would 'take care of you' without mom/dad knowing (who made you limp or gave you a bruise(s)) And you wouldn't dare tell!

PRAISE GOD I LEFT FOR COLLEGE 7HRS AWAY! but then if I wanted any 'extra' money while 'on-break' (you know, pay for gas/food for your date, and to borrow the vehicle, whatever that was..) I'd have to get my then soft hands roughed up again. Or bring your date to make a 'delivery'. Because maybe, just maybe your dad would let you have a few bucks out of the PROFIT YOU JUST MADE.

I think your choice of "working" on a farm for the winter months will do you a world of good (that is if you don't complain there too)

I can't understand when people where I work complain about people (customers) WILLING TO GIVE STUPID AMOUNTS OF MONEY for_______..! And it's THEIR JOB to do so. Only to go back to mommas house (who most likely does all the work there) bitch and complain and play games on the tv, X-box, Facebook or some other wast of time, then have the misguided understanding to complain about not having money to do ______.

Sorry, just venting..

E

Holy, giant, out-of-left-field, rant Batman!!

Reminds me when I'd get the slicer cleaned at 8:50 and someone would walk up at 8:59 and order a roast beef when I worked at Arby's.

I also like how its 4:45 on Friday and we get a call from someone wanting something done immediately that isn't really that big of an issue, hence the reason they put it off from Wednesday when they noticed it. Guess who gets to go out there? Me.

These runs are usually in the furthest spot on the opposite side of Ft Wayne from my house too.

i wont go into a restaurant late exactly for this reason. i don't want a pissed off staff handling my food. there are too many places open later where i can get something to eat.

plus i know how it feels to get the last second dicks. not fun.

i have never and dont plan on ever screwing with somebody's food, i will just show my obvious annoyance to the waitresses and hopefully they get the hint to try to rush them out...

i will just show my obvious annoyance to the waitresses and hopefully they get the hint to try to rush them out...

The waitresses will probably make their own choice as to how they want to treat those people though. Since they are the ones who are getting tipped by those people. Don't be a dick to the waitresses if they want to try and earn a decent tip. It's not fair to them...

I definitely have been the last person in a spot. But i'm also the guy buying rounds of shots for the staff and making hellllla jokes. Yeah. I'm that guy.

well these people were really rude and left a horrible tip to their waitress (my mom) then we saw their truck at a bar after we left there!

I remember working at TGI Fridays, both as a cook and server, and having people come in a few minutes before close. Complete assholes. Cooks have it much worse having to clean but either way its fucked up.

That should be a hint to get some education and get yourself a real job, where you don't have to work in a restaurant and work with these fucks.

No offense, jeffie...

Uhhh, maybe I'm missing something. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the restaurant closes at a certain time. Up until that time, the owner of the establishment pays you to provide service to patrons. Not 15 minutes before, not 5 minutes, not 30 seconds. I understand it would be a lot easier on you if no one came in during the last hour of business, it would also be a lot easier if no one came in at all during the day. However, in both cases, while there are no customers being served, the restaurant is making no money, which makes it difficult for your employer to pay you. I would humbly suggest that instead of bitching about people coming into your place of work and providing the business that your pay check is based on, you feel a sense of gratitude toward those who enable you, in these hard economic times, to maintain your job and pay your bills.

In other words, quit your fucking whining, bitch.

Uhhh, maybe I'm missing something. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the restaurant closes at a certain time. Up until that time, the owner of the establishment pays you to provide service to patrons. Not 15 minutes before, not 5 minutes, not 30 seconds. I understand it would be a lot easier on you if no one came in during the last hour of business, it would also be a lot easier if no one came in at all during the day. However, in both cases, while there are no customers being served, the restaurant is making no money, which makes it difficult for your employer to pay you. I would humbly suggest that instead of bitching about people coming into your place of work and providing the business that your pay check is based on, you feel a sense of gratitude toward those who enable you, in these hard economic times, to maintain your job and pay your bills.

In other words, quit your fucking whining, bitch.

I agree with this, but ironically when that last customer comes in 3 minutes before close you then have to stay past. MOST places paying someone won't pay for the time past. I've actually had jobs that will NOT pay you any OT whatsoever. They would literally kick me out at 9 pm.

Working for my dad has shown me that I was correct all along. He said you may work 8-5, but this isn't an 8-5 job. Those customers with problems at 4:30 that will take me 45 minutes to get there, its not a big deal to me. I'll go do those jobs and not take OT for them, but let the company take the money and run with it.

I would constantly go the extra mile in my other jobs, stay later, come in off the clock, etc. I used to go into the pizza joint I worked at to get some food and end up staying later mopping, cleaning and doing the dishes without getting paid for it.

Especially now klyph makes an excellent point. You HAVE a job, why are you bitching about having to do a little extra or stay a little later?

Quit and go file for unemployment like all these poor bastards who lost their jobs, some after 20+ years, and sit there wondering where your next meal is going to come from.

I agree with this, but ironically when that last customer comes in 3 minutes before close you then have to stay past. MOST places paying someone won't pay for the time past. I've actually had jobs that will NOT pay you any OT whatsoever. They would literally kick me out at 9 pm.
That's ridiculous, if the company won't pay overtime, I wouldn't work it. In the service industry there will always be times when a customer forces you to stay late. You can't expect your employees to work for free. If I worked in the service industry for an employer with that policy, I'd leave after 8 hours, whether there were customers or not.

Back