I cant stand...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thats the way it was, I found it odd, but I'd knew I'd get out at the same time every night.

Quit and go file for unemployment like all these poor bastards who lost their jobs, some after 20+ years, and sit there wondering where your next meal is going to come from.

this is the american way :ph34r:

Quit and go file for unemployment like all these poor bastards who lost their jobs, some after 20+ years, and sit there wondering where your next meal is going to come from.

The operative word there is "sit". I believe the problem is that a lot of people are sitting and waiting and holding their breath for Obama to pull salvation out of his fuckhole.

well im not goin to quit... it wouldnt have been such a big deal if i had a way home besides my mom i could have left but i couldnt then... but oh well i guess thats the drawback to not having my license yet

The operative word there is "sit". I believe the problem is that a lot of people are sitting and waiting and holding their breath for Obama to pull salvation out of his fuckhole.

Ok, come here to Fort Wayne and try to find anything. Either the jobs need a specific 2-4 year degree or they pay for shit. If I had 20 years at GM and got laid off, I'm not gonna go be a walmart greeter.

I was in no way referring to you. This is a common thread among Americans.

Also, if you had worked 20 years at GM earning an unduly high overly inflated and utterly ridiculous hourly rate to perform unskilled labor, and you did get laid off, then maybe you have to deal with it and move on.

So what if you have to work as a greeter at Wal-Mart? It's fuckin money and people have this ridiculous sense of entitlement. When it comes to work, fuck your pride.

I got laid off from Merrill Lynch and now I drive a fuckin' limo, carting around mouth breathers who got their jobs because they have particularly smooth lips and no gag reflex.

I'm over it and will do everything I can to move on and work to my full potential. As we speak, I am studying for my NH state Life and Health License and my Series 6 so I can sell insurance and mutual funds...I'll do what I have to do, even if I have to cold call out of a phone book to sell this shit...even if I have to be a greeter at Wal-Mart.

I gotta do something that I can at least feel respectible in doing. If some cum guzzler gets famous for that, thats her problem. Maybe Nickleback will write another song about them that I have to listen to.

Uhhh, maybe I'm missing something. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the restaurant closes at a certain time. Up until that time, the owner of the establishment pays you to provide service to patrons. Not 15 minutes before, not 5 minutes, not 30 seconds. I understand it would be a lot easier on you if no one came in during the last hour of business, it would also be a lot easier if no one came in at all during the day. However, in both cases, while there are no customers being served, the restaurant is making no money, which makes it difficult for your employer to pay you. I would humbly suggest that instead of bitching about people coming into your place of work and providing the business that your pay check is based on, you feel a sense of gratitude toward those who enable you, in these hard economic times, to maintain your job and pay your bills.

In other words, quit your fucking whining, bitch.
Correct, a restaurant is open until a certain time. When people come in 15 minutes before close, they will undoubtedly not be done by close. Going by what you have said, these people should be asked to leave at close. Obviously they aren't. We show some courtesy by allowing you to sit down knowing fair well that you will not be done by close. We just want the same in return. Eat and get out. If you want to hang out, go to Dunkin Donuts or something. And if you keep a server there way past close, tip them well. Unfortunately it is not like this most of the time.

What I have learned in ANY service industry is that the best customers/best tippers are the ones who have worked in that particular industry or a related service industry.

I was a valet for years. A good tip is $5+. Average is $3. Anything less and you're being a tight ass. The other night I valeted because a girl I was with knew one of the guys or something. Generally I dont because my car is a pile in it's current state. I still gave the guy $5.

I've been a server for even longer. 15% is for average service. If the kitchen fucked something up, it's generally not my fault. Gauge how I handle the situation before subtracting from my tip. If the restaurant is busy, it's not my fault. If I did a good to great job, give me something in the 20%+ range. Just the other day, I had a customer talk to me for 5 minutes about how great a server I was and then left me like 12%. I personally leave 20% or more unless you really screwed something up.

I think everyone should have to work in the service industry at one point or another just to gain some knowledge on how things should be done.

Last edited:
What I have learned in ANY service industry is that the best customers/best tippers are the ones who have worked in that particular industry or a related service industry.
I worked as a dishwasher, sometimes I give the server an extra tip and tell him/her to give it to the dishwasher. I doubt they ever do, but hey, I try.

I delivered pizzas for 2 years, I know what its like to be fucked on a tip. So I tend to tip well over the average. I got my haircut last week and gave her a 100% tip on the bill.

yea 5bucks should be a tip minimum, my ex used to work at cracker barrel and the old people would whip out calculators and leave like 1.43 and shit like that

I think everyone should have to work in the service industry at one point or another just to gain some knowledge on how things should be done.

Ironically, something like 50% of Americans have worked in food service at some point in their lives.

Back