I completely destroyed my netbook...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

all 8 gigs of it? its gonna get hung from the wall in my mancave.

Yup all 8 gb Netbooks are not meant to be full blown computers, for a super fast ubuntu setup 8gb is way more then I'd ever need.

what do you want for it?

I had almost 4 gigs free... I think.

Netbooks need next to no space, I regret buying a netbook with a 160gb drive. I wish I could go back and get the 20gb model.

=(

SSD > > > > > > > > Disc harddrive.

yeah i am still on the fence. until SSD hardware comes down in cost i'd rather the big hard drive.

yeah i am still on the fence. until SSD hardware comes down in cost i'd rather the big hard drive.

Thats why Im pissed at talking myself out of it. Now I want to swap my 160gb drive to a 20gb and its going to cost a bit less then half of the cost of the whole computer. I think the 20gbs are still in the 80-100 range.

They're blazing fast and make no noise, they also use up very little power. I think as of right now I'm using maybe 2GB and thats with 2 OS installed.

For netbooks its awesome for super fast startups/shut downs, with the right setup you could go from it being off to surfing the net in the 10 second range. shut down in under 5 seconds.

For desktops, it will be another 2-3 years before we see them being used more often. They just cost too damn much for a system where you need lots of HD space. Although having a 20gb main drive for the OS and then a standard HD for all your files is a good option for having a fast computer. Just put the software that matters to you on the main drive and everything else like videos, pictures, music on the other drives.

those fucking ram makers are screwing us. desktop ram and flash nand hasnt come down in price in a very long time. they say it might even go up?

anyway, kingston and intel have a 40gb value version for around $70-80. its basically the cut down version of intel's x25-g2. its still very fast and in raid 0, it even surpises its big bother for less. the downside is trim isnt supported in raid and the kingston version doesnt support trim yet.

windows 7 is a big os though. 7-10gb sounds about right. after that, you dont need much else on their besides office and hand full of other programs.

7-10, pfft. fresh installs are 15+ easy.

and jeffie, or anyone else, make sure you know what you are buying when you get a netbook SSD. some netbooks use a standard 2.5" SATA drive (all with a 100+ mechanical drive will be this way), some use a 1.8" SATA with a special connector, and some use a mini-PCIe SSD that looks like a memory module. get what will work in your system.

gah.

I don't think I've ever broken a thing in my life. If something breaks. I sell it or give it away IF I can't fix it. I mean. 250 bucsk to me is a lot of money to "break". And I'm not hurting.

gah.

gah.

I don't think I've ever broken a thing in my life. If something breaks. I sell it or give it away IF I can't fix it. I mean. 250 bucsk to me is a lot of money to "break". And I'm not hurting.

gah.

My guess is he could have made about $100.00 off of parts. $250 is retail.

Meh. Not taking the time to tear it apart and auction off the parts for 100 bucks that may or may not even end up being there.

250 bucks from a year and a half ago... I bought it to surf the web, but I ended up doing that more on my desktop anyway considering I spent all my time in my living room anyway.

Back