I could use some suggestions for b18a1 rebuild for turbo setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ineedmorepower

Hello I am new to Honda's. I previously own a 89 CRX DX and will be buying another with a B18a1 swapped already before next month.

I have a local guy that builds motors. I was wondering bang for buck what pistons, rods, etc to buy also i am thnking of doing a b16 head and will need some input on what cams, valves and all the spec's if you people have to the time to explain your input. Again I am a Turbo fan so I want this engine rebuild setup for it.
I have been reading your forum for quite some time and have got some very good idea's which i got here.

Note this is for a Street Toy/ not drag.

People on this forum probably know a hell of alot more then me I thnk when it goes Honda's

thanks for your time
Troy

holy shit, your sig is huge.

if your building it nonvtec for boost. low compression is key for powerful boost builds. even though there's someone on here who will argue that and say high comp. and boost is the way to go.

building a b18 for boost has been covered many times, so... do some research on related websites. nonvtec.com is a relatively new website for the nonvtec guys. and has a lot of good information on it about all motor and boost builds as well.

good luck,

my suggestion would be (for a fun dd car) build the bottom end. pistons rods bearings...all that good junk. Have your crank ground and balanced and ten run a T04B 60-1 with some new 550cc injectors and you should have something that will spank Mustang GTs if tuned correctly

eagle rods, endyn rollerwave pistons (expensive, but i think they are worth it. if not, any decent brand piston will work) at 9:1 compression. use factory bearings and arp bolts and studs in the entire motor. have the head ported and polished by a reputable honda shop, and run crower 402t cams with crower valvetrain. you now have a motor capable of 400+whp on boost.

Quoted post[/post]]
Hello I am new to Honda's. I previously own a 89 CRX DX and will be buying another with a B18a1 swapped already before next month.

I have a local guy that builds motors. I was wondering bang for buck what pistons, rods, etc to buy also i am thnking of doing a b16 head and will need some input on what cams, valves and all the spec's if you people have to the time to explain your input. Again I am a Turbo fan so I want this engine rebuild setup for it.
I have been reading your forum for quite some time and have got some very good idea's which i got here.

Note this is for a Street Toy/ not drag.

People on this forum probably know a hell of alot more then me I thnk when it goes Honda's

thanks for your time
Troy

Eagle rods and probably srp pistons is your best bet....for a little more I would recomend wiseco pistons though......I really like mine...
I would recomend either gsr or itr (99+) cams ....or just stick with the b16a cams...they all work good with boost...
I haven't dug into my head yet so I can comment on the valves etc...
I would also recomend a compression ratio of 9.0:1 - 9.5:1 and a t3t4 ( .50 trim .63 a/r ) it will spool decently and give you room to grow if you choose too.......

Back