i decided to go all motor on my 2000 gsr here is m

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

greenteg2k00

i decided to go all motor on my 2000 gsr here is my plans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i currently have aem intake,dc421 header and greddy sp catback. I dont wanna change current setup.
Here are my plans:
-AEM fuel pressure regulator or B&M command flow fprl-which one do you guys recommend?
-Spoon 2 ply headgasket
-jdm itr pistons not sure if i should get standard or +.25mm.I want 2 raise compression to at least 11.5.1
-portflow valvetrain
-skunk 2 intake manifold-Do i need to buy a itr intake system?
-skunk 2 stage 1 cams/cam gears
-apex i super vtec controller 2
I want to gain at least 30 whp in powerband.I want midrange to high range power. Idont really need to raise the redline,by up to 9 rpm would be great.
Iwill daily drive and want to be able to pass smog with reliabiltity.
What do you guys think?

sounds decent. only thing i would change is to go with the JDM ITR pistons rather then the USDM ones.

with a 2 layer gasket you are looking at about 11.1 compression with the USDM pistons, but with JDM pistons you are at about 11.6-11.7 compression. 5.96 dome > 3.64 dome

oh, and dont get oversized pistons unless you have to.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 25 2004, 12:00 AM
sounds decent. only thing i would change is to go with the JDM ITR pistons rather then the USDM ones.

with a 2 layer gasket you are looking at about 11.1 compression with the USDM pistons, but with JDM pistons you are at about 11.6-11.7 compression. 5.96 dome > 3.64 dome

oh, and dont get oversized pistons unless you have to.

How much whp do u think i will gain with this setup? and i dont want to go with the hassle of hondata s2000, i want to go with apex vafc,do i need to raise the rev limiter with this setup

with the skunk2 stage 1 cams you can run itr springs (cheaper than portflow).

you do not need to raise the rev past 8500 rmp with those cams also, they stop making power well before that.

if you have the time, tear down the engine and have the block checked for out of round or tapered cylinders, and then if you need to go oversize you can order the 81.25 pistons instead of just assuming that your engine is fine. And any good engine builder will tell you that it is a good idea to overbore always to make sure of a perfectly round cylinder.

get the vafc..... and you need the intake manifold for the gsr. p72 head

sounds fine,

personally, I wouldn't bother with the spoon headgasket - waste of $$ in my opinion.

also I know you don't want to change your header, but I would recommend you do - atleast to a ITR 4-1

Originally posted by 97CTR@Apr 25 2004, 06:49 AM

you do not need to raise the rev past 8500 rmp with those cams also, they stop making power well before that.

if you have the time, tear down the engine and have the block checked for out of round or tapered cylinders, and then if you need to go oversize you can order the 81.25 pistons instead of just assuming that your engine is fine. And any good engine builder will tell you that it is a good idea to overbore always to make sure of a perfectly round cylinder.

get the vafc..... and you need the intake manifold for the gsr. p72 head

with the vafc , do ineed to swap ecu???

Originally posted by 97CTR@Apr 25 2004, 06:49 AM

Integra Type-R Outer Valve Springs

Stiffened Inner Valve Springs

there are 2 type of itr springs, which one do i get,also ,where do they sell itr retainers

The VAFC is a piggy back unit to your ecu, you don't need to change it.

You need to buy a complete ITR valvetrain. Inner and outer springs, and retainers. If you do a search on ebay or just online stores you should be able to find it.

Back