1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did a thing.. '19 ZL1 1LE Build

Discussion in 'Auto Multi-Media' started by Matts96HB, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

And I regret nothing.

2019 ZL1 1LE 6sp manual.. bought "used" with 300 miles, traded the GTR
    1549241083566.jpg 1549241118481.jpg

hondarin likes this.
  2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3. Briansol

ok, so it's probably the coolest chevy ever made but i still don't like you very much right now lol

4. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

5. Matts96HB

I was skeptical at first, but after a few test drives I was convinced this was the right move. I love the GTR but this is a completely different driving experience and definitely a better fit for what I want out of a toy right now.

Besides, I can always get another R35 later :)

6. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

That car is the automobile representation of several girls I've drunkenly hooked up with. Great body, outstanding engine and performance, legitimately perfect on paper. But what the fuck is wrong with that face???

reckedracing and Briansol like this.
  7. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

8. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

I raced a new SS with the 10 speed auto in my C6 and it was neck to neck but my goodness does that 10 speed shift STUPID FAST and sounds wicked

9. Briansol

this thing has 200 hp more than the SS. lol

Matts96HB likes this.
  10. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

11. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

welp, now that we've accepted the GTR is gone, we might as well keep moving forward.

So what's going to be the first mod? lol

12. Matts96HB

I like the way this thing looks *shrugs*

It really is.. Chevy did their homework on this one

Chevy just announced the ZLE can now be optioned with the 10 speed auto.. obviously faster but I'd still rather have the manual

Here's what I have planned:
    1. Wrap
    2. Castrol SRF brake fluid
    3. Second set of wheels (likely BC Forged) for the street with Michelin PS4S tires
    4. Cat back - thinking Corsa to retain factory valve function but may just say fuark it and go with an aFe system that doesn't have valves
    5. CAI
    6. Set of slicks for the factory wheels when I use up the stock tires - probably 305F/315R or 305 square scrubs
    7. After warranty is up, (or I'm comfortable voiding it lol) I'll add pulley, cam, heads, tune, etc. to get ~700-750 whp. Anything beyond that will begin to ruin the purpose of the car IMO

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted