I did a thing.. '19 ZL1 1LE Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Interesting progression in this thread.
Be curious to see how you feel about the s2k and miata after coming from "American muscle"

$90k!? Wtf, m8?
Interesting progression in this thread.
Be curious to see how you feel about the s2k and miata after coming from "American muscle"
I’ll own something similar to the r35 and ZL1 in the near future. It just won’t be a dedicated track car and, unfortunately, I simply do not have the space for 3 vehicles at this time lol
"where did all the torque go?"
Jesus took it.. just like he took the wheel

So the ZL1 is gone. Any updates on how much it cost you to own it while you did?
How did you make out on the exit?

I bought at $60k, sold at $55k after ~7k miles and 13 track days. My loan was 24 mos @ $578/mo, paid about 11 months on that so figure $6400 in loan payments, $5k lost value, about $11,400 to own the car for about one year. Plus the cost of consumables.. lol

24 months at 578 doesn't quite make sense based on the purchase price, unless you put down a huge downpayment.
also, 11400 doesn't add up either. if you bought for 60 and sold for 55k it cost you 5k plus consumables, plus the interest paid on the loan.
i think you made out better than you think you did, unless i am missing something else.
if you calculated out $/mile to own and beat on that thing for close to a year, i think you made out very well indeed.

24 months at 578 doesn't quite make sense based on the purchase price, unless you put down a huge downpayment.
also, 11400 doesn't add up either. if you bought for 60 and sold for 55k it cost you 5k plus consumables, plus the interest paid on the loan.
i think you made out better than you think you did, unless i am missing something else.
if you calculated out $/mile to own and beat on that thing for close to a year, i think you made out very well indeed.

Yea, I wasn't following the math either. At least not with the numberw provided.

I didn't calculate interest but maybe a few hundred $ for the year I owned the car

Back