I dont get it

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thegreat1310

Ok, i got the DPFI to MPFI swap on my 91 civic hatch and it runs fine but the damn CEL pops on once the car warms up but it throws no code at me. i thought maybe the ECU was bad but i popped in the PG7 and same thing.what is it? plus once the car warms up and if im driving with steady gas theres no light, but when i come to a stop and then start moving again it pops on. any ideas? :mad:

Most likely an o2 sensor? It sounds like it is making the switch from open loop to closed loop. I don't know. If it's an o2 sensor problem, you'll throw a code 1.

well thats what it seems like and i know the o2 i had in it was bad so i bought a new one thinking it would fix it but it does the same thing and like i said it throws no code at me. im lost on this one

well yea thats what i thought, you know maybe the ecu is slowly going bad so i popped back in my pg7 and took out my pm6 i think? or maybe the pm5 but you get the point and it still does the same thing. like i said the car runs fine and no problems but im tired of that damn eye sore of a yellow light in my face when i drive

Did you try replacing the ecu yet? Maybe there is a short in your dash somewhere.

If it's not the ecu, and you aren't getting a code on the ecu, it is probably some wires crossed in the dash somewhere.

well maybe but why would it only pop on when the car is warm and i come to a stop and give it gas? like when im on the highway theres no light because im constantly moving. its like everyone else said its actin like the o2 but its got a new one in plus it throws no code

Back