what should i do with my motor?

• Build it to be a B18B turbo

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Build it to be a B18b NA

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Build it to be a LSVtec NA Monster

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

Ok i already got my eg swapped it has a b18b motor in it, its got balls now compared to the d15 non vtec it had..lol. now i am thinking about giving it some more power. I have a spare b18b block and i was thinking about building it up. But i am so confused as to what to do. Now i was thinking and comparing prices, to build a nice heathly turbo motor i am going to need new pistons rods rings bearings and all that stuff. then buy a turbo setup so i will be looking at spending about 5k on this setup. then i thought about NA since i would have to get new pistons and rods for a turbo build up why not just go NA? so i wanted to know the pros and cons of building a turbo setup and the pros and cons to building a NA monster.

o that is just about done i just spent the money on getting the alum radiator aka that hurt it will be done this summer i need something to work on over the winter and since i have an extra block why not do something with it :)

you could spend the money on grammar lessons :D :ph34r: :wub:

nah no need too mowtors is all i want to spent on..lol why are you on my friends list i hate you.lol always have a smart @$$ remark, i still luv you tho

ok after doing a lot of searching and a lot of getting yelled at on AIM i think turbo is the way to go. just a little worried because my civic is going to be my daily driver since a carb'ed v8 will kill me on gas miles :).

ok after doing a lot of searching and a lot of getting yelled at on AIM i think turbo is the way to go. just a little worried because my civic is going to be my daily driver since a carb'ed v8 will kill me on gas miles :).
if it is going to be your dd, leave it nA.

like i said. Turbo the b18. Just dont stump on it. = Great gas mileage.

ohh and remember
N/A b18b is garbage.

see i want just a little more power out of my civic something about 175 hp and maybe about 130tq that is what i would like to see. turbo is a good option i am not looking to boost crazy numbers. i already have a 20g turbo that needs a exhaust housing. and i have a manifold for the b series motor. i was thinking something about 5 psi of boost or so. again for real power i got my other car and i have my motorcycle during the summer. and to top it off i am off durning the summers so i don't know what to do with my civic i just might leave it alone for now we shall see but keep it going i want to see what we end up with

I still got 32mpg with the turbo on the Accord. My matrix got the same, no reason you cant commute with it.

If you need help man, I'm just around the corner ;)

anyone else think i should go turbo? if so what should i build i already got a 20g turbo sitting at home should i use that?

you can keep the engine stock and run a good 12psi daily. you just need a great tuner. and their are plenty.
a ls/vtec would also be a fun car but the turbo would be very nice, and if you stay out of boost then you will have great gas milage

ok well yesterday i was driving my civic home and i came to a complete stop in the middle of the street (no traffic :) ) so i said let me watch my exhaust when i get in higher rmps so i got up to about 6000 rpms and i notices a bit of black smoke, got home did a comp test and i got 190 191 190 190, so i think my valve seals are leaking, which means i might as well go lsvtec :)

black amoke means that you are running rich. blue smoke means oil and it wouldn't be from your valve seals if it occurs at high rpms.

Back