what should i do with my motor?

• Build it to be a B18B turbo

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Build it to be a B18b NA

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Build it to be a LSVtec NA Monster

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

190's isnt bad for compression.

That turbo you showed me is NOT a 20g ;)
the old owner SWEARS it is because its reverse flow he keeps pointing it out to me that its reverse flow and it needs to be mounted the ther way. next time i am up by you i will give you a call and stop by and show you

I've seen a few 20g's in my time, yours is a 14b MAYBE a small 16g. Its a tiny compressor.

thats what my buddy said that was high he told me it should be about 180 or so but i don't know i am going to check with another tester to see what i get because i got 175 on my lt1 and i thought that was a little high too

I would go with boost if I were you. You will make the most horsepower for the money. A all motor ls/vtec wont put out the horsepower or torque that you can make with boost, plus it is kind of expensive. If you build shit as strong as me anyhow. There is alot of power potential in the ls motor with boost. But if your engine is in crappy shape I would suggest a rebuild, then going NA ls/vtec might not be a bad option since you have to blow the extra money to freshen up your engine anyways. I really like the power of the ls engine with boost it does very well. Just make sure it is set up properly with a big enough fuel pump, injectors, and tuning.

Here is my friend's turboes LS that we built and a dyno run. There was nothing disappointing about all of the ass we kicked in that thing. We beat me friends 2000 supercharged svt mustang from a roll in second rediculosly bad. We kicked alot of ass with that car. I built him a bottom end and now its got vtec head.... N E ways if I was looking for alot of power fast that is the way I would go. Check it out. Transonic Forum

Oh by the way if you are local avoid that shop the owner is a thief and liar! He has been sued for more then a few times.

Last edited:
Ohh forgot to add the engine was bone ass stock besides the custom turbo kit. The turbo kit was a MPRD equal length manifold, turbonetics t3/t4, tial wastegate, greddy gauges and BOV, rc 440 cc injectors, only a 2.5 inch downpipe, tuned with CROME at Ej's dyno shop. Too bad Ej cloosed his shop I got some shit to tune here in the next few weeks. Looks like I will be street tunning, better find a deserted highway!

you have that manifold i sold you that's good for a 14b turbo and that is tons of fun on a b18b
i loved how it would spool right around 4000rpm feels like your engine doubled in size

yeah i got the manifold just have not looked for a turbo yet not sure on what i am doing but it sounds like ls turbo :)

i checked out that other forum, you can really make 200tq on a stock LS turbo? That sounds like it wouldn't really hold together long

Back